Stanton projected as what in '08? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Stanton projected as what in '08?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Stanton projected as what in '08?

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:19 pm

What's going on up there fellas? Stanton move up that there depth chart any now? Kitna going to be the tackling dummy again this year? How do you see this happening? Will there be a changing of the guard anytime soon, or when will it happen. Stanton even the guy that would get the nod then?
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Stanton projected as what in '08?

Postby moochman » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:17 am

Sadly I see Stanton as a wasted draft pick. He is injury prone and was sat last season because of a recurring knee injury when he could have returned and gotten some pracitce reps. He loses the OC whose O was so complicated that the retards (Lions braintrust) felt it was okay to IR him becuase he could spend that year learning Martz O. That worked out well.

My guess is that Stanton suffers another injury, likely a knee, and fades away like so many others have. His body is a poor match for his playing style.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:10 pm

moochman wrote:Sadly I see Stanton as a wasted draft pick. He is injury prone and was sat last season because of a recurring knee injury when he could have returned and gotten some pracitce reps. He loses the OC whose O was so complicated that the retards (Lions braintrust) felt it was okay to IR him becuase he could spend that year learning Martz O. That worked out well.

My guess is that Stanton suffers another injury, likely a knee, and fades away like so many others have. His body is a poor match for his playing style.

lately i have been saying it's the worst pick of Millens career, but then i keep getting reminded of Rusher...A.K.A. Kalimba Edwards

i'd like to at least see Stanton get a chance this year when we are eliminated from playoff contention (my guess is around week 10 mathematically, week 2 realalistically) so that we can realize he isnt the answer and look for a real QB for 2009 instead of having to wait until 2009 or 2010 to find out our 2nd rd pick isnt the QB of the future
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:03 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
moochman wrote:Sadly I see Stanton as a wasted draft pick. He is injury prone and was sat last season because of a recurring knee injury when he could have returned and gotten some pracitce reps. He loses the OC whose O was so complicated that the retards (Lions braintrust) felt it was okay to IR him becuase he could spend that year learning Martz O. That worked out well.

lately i have been saying it's the worst pick of Millens career, but then i keep getting reminded of Rusher...A.K.A. Kalimba Edwards

i'd like to at least see Stanton get a chance this year when we are eliminated from playoff contention (my guess is around week 10 mathematically, week 2 realalistically) so that we can realize he isnt the answer and look for a real QB for 2009 instead of having to wait until 2009 or 2010 to find out our 2nd rd pick isnt the QB of the future

Barring an injury to Kitna, Stanton won't likely see the field. Remember Coach Knucklehead wants to compete on every play, it's why Kitna played so late in our blowouts, no? Also, Coach K has to try and do all he can to keep his job and so won't be in any rush to get Staton PT.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Atog » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:50 pm

I project Stanton as a spot-duty WR this year much like McCown was two years ago.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby thebigsmooth » Sun May 11, 2008 3:40 pm

IMO he was the worst pick in 2007. The Lions need to learn to draft some starters for once.
thebigsmooth
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby RWLongy4 » Sun May 11, 2008 7:31 pm

I can't imagine we'll see him much if at all this year... Hopefully if nothing else he gets a shot in some 4th quarters when we are getting stomped. As we all know Kitna is not a long term solution (or even a this year solution) so it would be nice if someone stepped up at the qb position.

Since we fail so badly at actually drafting a quarterback, maybe we could make a run at someone like Brady Quinn (though I realize we don't have that kind of money) since the Browns seemed to be a so attached to DA or heck even get Charlie Batch back :-b Bottom line is something needs to happen.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Detroit Lions