Which RB to start, it's tough to say - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Which RB to start, it's tough to say

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which RB to start, it's tough to say

Postby bassgroover76 » Sat Aug 31, 2002 12:11 pm

I don't know who to start in week one>I have Su. alexander vs. oakland, A-train vs. Minnesota (A-train @ home) and Ricky Williams @ home vs. the Lions. A Little advice would be appreciated.
bassgroover76

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby DraftDodger » Sat Aug 31, 2002 5:12 pm

Alexander is a back that you start any time he's healthy and A-Train is facing Minnesota, who was at the bottom of the barrel last year against the rush. I don't think you need to look much further. If you're not going to start Alexander on a regular basis, trade him for someone you will start, since you can probably get anyone other than Faulk or Green for him (along with another player or two).

And no, I'm not telling you to trade Alexander :)

I'm telling you to just start him unless he's going to be out or playing severly injured.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby slowkidz » Sun Sep 01, 2002 9:04 am

I like Alexander and Thomas as well...Both Oakland and Minnesota had a terrible run defense last year, and I haven't heard/seen anything to say different this year...Besides, Alexander is an every game player and Thomas is an RB who likes to get in there and pound the ball through every play....
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby terpfan » Sun Sep 01, 2002 12:18 pm

never sit alexander. i think we are clear on that. as for the other two i think its a tough call. those are three good runningbacks u got there! since there is no way to know for sure im gonna agree with the first two posts and say thomas, so as not to make the choice any harder for you.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk