Free Agency Needs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Minnesota Vikings

Free Agency Needs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Free Agency Needs

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:54 pm

Well, we have a Draft Needs, but with free agency only a week away, I thought it'd be nice to go around and go over who people want the Vikings to go after in free agency. After all the franchise tags have been placed (and many of purple dreams die -- Allen, Suggs), I'd like to see who Purple Nation wants the Vikings to sign.

My first priority would be to sign Hackett or Porter -- whichever will cost less (probably Porter).

Another priority I would have is to sign a DB, possibly Gibril Wilson. Although he's primarily known for his run defense, he's young and would allow us to focus on DE in the draft without wishing and hoping that we will be able to land Kenny Phillips.

I wouldn't be opposed to the quarterback rumor going around -- Trent Green. We should have the cap space, and he'll be a flyer on a position we could really use. Plus, the more quarterback brains we can have working in place of Tarvaris', the better.

If we don't address safety, we need to attempt to land Justin Smith. I want to see both positions upgraded after the losses of Udeze and Dwight Smith. One can be in the draft. That's fine. However, at least one of the two needs to be helped immediately via free agency.
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Minnesota Vikings