Anyone have an idea where Stallworth is going? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone have an idea where Stallworth is going?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone have an idea where Stallworth is going?

Postby SLAMLLC » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:24 pm

I am wondering if anyone has heard where Stallworth might end up next year. I am in real trouble with keeping players in my keeper league and we keep 2. You can't keep any players in the top 10 of any position so that is basically my whole team (I won the Championship this year!) I am hoping he might turn up as a number one WR on some team who might be in trouble at WR. That would be a huge help to me as I am going to be deep in the hole at the start of our draft next season.
SLAMLLC Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Anyone have an idea where Stallworth is going?

Postby TheDiplomats » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:53 am

Many speculate he could be going to Tennessee..and he would definitely be the #1 guy there. He probably wont put up numbers from his Eagle days..but he could easily put up #2/#3 WR numbers.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ColtsFan27 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:44 pm

To Obscurity..............? :-b

Due to recent cutbacks and until further notice, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
ColtsFan27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mikus » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:46 pm

ColtsFan27 wrote:To Obscurity..............? :-b

Bolivian, perhaps?

:-b

I know there were some rumors swirling around here (New Orleans) that he could return. He supposedly mentioned returning to the Saints while he was in town for the NBA All-Star game. That, of course, is the rumor to which I referred.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby eaglesfan » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:33 pm

He talked about coming back to Philly as well, but it would have to be for the right price, I personally don't want him.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby TheDiplomats » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:21 pm

eaglesfan wrote:He talked about coming back to Philly as well, but it would have to be for the right price, I personally don't want him.

Not many teams want to rely on a wideout with hamstrings made of jello. :-b
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eaglesfan » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:05 pm

TheDiplomats wrote:
eaglesfan wrote:He talked about coming back to Philly as well, but it would have to be for the right price, I personally don't want him.

Not many teams want to rely on a wideout with hamstrings made of jello. :-b

Exactly, he continues to insist on a long term deal he might have a search in front of him for a new home.

Not to mention I believe he is one violation away from a four game suspension.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby SLAMLLC » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:13 am

I agree he is not something to be overly happy about. I do believe he might have to settle for a short (1 year) deal again somewhere. Hopefully it is somewhere he will be a #1 guy. McNabb says he needs a WR. Tennesee Needs a WR. Who knows about N.O.? They are letting a lot of guys walk this year. Hopefully Stallworth plays like he needs to prove something this year. Maybe he turns into a good fantasy WR#3.

I am in pretty dire straights with the draft next year. Thats why I am asking about him and hoping for the best. I have to keep 2 players and they can't be from the top ten at their respective positions (top 5 TE) I don't have a RB to keep seeeing as I had Addai, Westbrook, Portis, Selvin Young and Alexander last year (Championship.) Young is for some reason is not going to be given the chance in Denver. They don't think he can carry the load. Alexander is done according to most accounts.

That leaves me with WR/TE to hold. I can keep Vernon Davis. I hope for good things to come with the new offensive coordinator in SF (lots of passing). Davis was ok for me the second half of the season last year. I then have Shaun McDonald and Stallworth. (I cant keep Wayne or Winslow) I hope Stallworth has 1 good year as a WR#3 for me.

I still am in big trouble with draft picks 12 and 13 then 36 and 37.
SLAMLLC Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby moochman » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:34 am

I hear that he wants to go to a major media market as he is working on a advertising deal with Tampex.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby onnestabe » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:21 am

Alexander may still be your best option as a keeper under those rules, depending on whether or not Seattle signs or drafts significant competition. It's entirely possible that he can get back healthy this offseason and get back on track. By "on track", I don't mean top 5 RB, but I could see a scenario where he is a #2/#3 fantasy RB, that can get you decent production with certain matchups.

It sounds like with these rules, that's the situation that everyone is going to be in. I would do everything I could to make sure that I wasn't keeping Stallworth. He has a ton of potential, but he's been in the league long enough that he would have realized by now if it was ever going to happen.

My advice is to wait as long as possible, hopefully you can wait until after the draft, and see what the situation is in the Seattle backfield. Even with his two crappy seasons in a row, I would rather start off a season with him on my roster than Stallworth.

No one's going to give him a chance to be a #1 WR. Even if he goes to Tennessee, he will still be the #2 WR behind Vince's imaginary WR that he likes to throw to all the time. Just kidding. But really, he might be #1 on the depth chart, but if he can't play worth a crap, who cares? All that means is that the rest of the guys there are comatose.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk