Faneca to the Jets? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Faneca to the Jets?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Faneca to the Jets?

Postby moochman » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:27 am

This is a great move by the J-E-T-S Jets. Solidifying the O-line around Faneca and DeBrick & Mangold should help pave the way for a much more stable offence. The pair of Washington and Jones (and it should be in that order IMO) should be a real force to deal with and that will open up the passing lanes to go along with buying more time for the QB.
Oh wait, there's that. Clemens? Is he going to be able to concentrate on learning how to be a better QB with all the HGH-Steroid, injecting his wife in the butt, lying before Congress distractions going on? :-D
Seriously, does he have the stuff to lead a team on a playoff march?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SLAMLLC » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:31 am

I have to say, Things can start moving up for the Jets this year. They do not need McFadden. Jones is a good back, I don't know why he gets so much grief. Last year 1100 yards. His lack of TD's I would attribute to the poor offensive line play and the lack of decent QB play to take the heat off the run game. I think with the improved O-line and some solid QB play, Jones can be a great fantasy #2 RB this year. Could be the steal of the draft as I see him usually going in the 4th round or later in seasonal drafts.
SLAMLLC Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby killiansjmd » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:37 am

moochman wrote:Seriously, does he have the stuff to lead a team on a playoff march?

Time will tell. At times he looked good last year and then at times he looked not so good after taking over for Penningtonm. Mangini said it will be an open competition between him and Chad this offseason to see who starts. So Clemens will have to earn it.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:14 am

killiansjmd wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:
killiansjmd wrote:This would be a great move for the Jets if we land Faneca. He would instantly upgrade our O-line and add much needed toughness to it.

Personally I hope they stick with T.Jones and Washington at RB and don't draft McFadden. We need to go defense with our 1st pick in the upcoming draft.

I really do hope McFadden is their at 6 for us, but we don't take him, but then some team trades up for our first round pick to grab McFadden or Ghoulston. That would be clutch.
I feel that we need more help on defense than 1 player could do, so might as well trade that pick ;-D

Well with the addition of Jenkins on D, you know Robertson is out the door next. Hopefully we can get some picks to make up for the ones we lost when we aquired Jenkins. I'm guessing Denevr is the most likely spot or maybe Cincy for Robertson.

Yeah, I really hope we do acquire a few picks for Roberston (not really sure what he is valued as of right now, he was what, 4th pick in 03?). I can see Roberston representing a Denver jersey in 08-09.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby Munboy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:46 pm

No wonder the Steelers couldn't sign him if that's the kind of money he was demanding. Especially for an aging player, no matter he's been to the pro bowl something like 22 times. With Faneca being the top Oline on the market, the Steeler's line is going down hill again I think this year. Let's hope they grab a good Oline man they can plug into the line his rookie year.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk