Randy Moss to Dallas? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Randy Moss to Dallas?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Randy Moss to Dallas?

Postby SLAMLLC » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:01 am

Word is that Jerry Jones has said he will agressively persue Moss for Dallas if he gets the chance. Any thoughts on that? I think that would be lighting the fuse on a bomb that is already there. Moss, TO and Witten and possibly Javon Walker all together? Romo would be in Heaven at first. Then the whole thing could explode and I wonder if he (Romo) could handle it. What are the thoughts out there? I think not enough balls to go around there and too many ego's to stroke. If they could hold it together for one year maybe it would be something for the record books.
SLAMLLC Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Randy Moss to Dallas?

Postby moochman » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:51 pm

Irresponsible journalism. There hasn't been one piece of this rumor that has been substantiated.

It would be something to behold. They could be compatible since they are different types of WRs. Moss can be free to run deep routes while TO and Witten destroy Ds from the inside.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby knapplc » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:59 pm

If Moss and TO could peacefully co-exist on a team throughout the season, they could combine with Witten to create an unstoppable receiving corps the likes of which the league may never have seen before.

If Big D gets Moss there's no way they pursue Walker, since Crayton or Hurd could adequately perform as the #4 option in that offense. Besides, Dallas just signed Crayton to a four-year deal, didn't they (I'm not looking that up, feel free to correct me).

It's a fun scenario to envision, and I would certainly watch as many Dallas games as I could, but it'll never, ever happen. Moss and TO on one team would be like putting tying the tails of two tomcats together and hanging them from a clothesline.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:06 pm

I think it would be a mistake on the part of Dallas. With the team they already have, they had the best record in the NFC last year, and adding Moss would create too many problems, because neither TO nor Moss would be willing to not be the #1 guy.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TGM » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:22 pm

It was suggested by someone on the NFL Network (and, I can't even remember who) that if Moss were to go to the Cowboys (and thereby the NFC), his chances of making (and, presumably winning) the Super Bowl would improve. The analyst's argument was that the NFC is the weaker conference. What he failed to recognize, IMO, was that even if Moss were to go to the Cowboys, and make the Super Bowl, they would have to play an AFC team in the big game. So, if the AFC is the better conference, which most would agree, then how has he helped better his chances of a ring? Frankly, his whole theory didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Honestly, I think Moss's best chances are to stay in NE. And, I think he's smart enough to already know that. Hell, he's got one of the best QB's in the league throwing him the ball. And, he doesn't have to share the spot light with another prima-donna WR like TO. BUT...I do think he works a bigger/better deal this time around. The bigger question might be just how much is NE willing to pay to keep him? And, for how long?
TGM
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:26 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I think it would be a mistake on the part of Dallas. With the team they already have, they had the best record in the NFC last year, and adding Moss would create too many problems, because neither TO nor Moss would be willing to not be the #1 guy.

Why would it be a mistake to sign more than likely one of the most talented WR of all time? Cuz it would be a hit to your Patriots? The argument you make for him leaving contradicts with the "I have enough money Mr. Kraft, I am here to win a championship" talk we've heard all year. Moss publically said all the right things for a year, and what did it get him? No ring, and not a whole lot of money since he took less to become a Patriot. If Jerry's waving the big money at him, AND TO is a FA next year anyways why wouldn't he consider it? The NFC could be viewed as considerably weaker than the AFC too, and Dallas could have a great chance of getting to the Super Bowl. New England's road could be much tougher to return.

I see this as being huge for the Cowboys, and decimating to the Patriots if it were to come to fruition.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:28 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I think it would be a mistake on the part of Dallas. With the team they already have, they had the best record in the NFC last year, and adding Moss would create too many problems, because neither TO nor Moss would be willing to not be the #1 guy.

It may be possible but they would definately need TO's blessing. If they don't get that then it's a huge mistake. They both seem to be growing up and realizing in order to win you need to be a team player. Dallas is definately a pass first team and there may be enough balls to go around. Welker caught 112 in NE last year with Moss and had great yardage numbers. It would be a 1 and 1a type thing where one guy would probably have a huge day while the other guy plays the decoy each week having a different result. That's how it could work if TO and Moss have truly grown up and want to be on a winner and on an offence like none ever seen before.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:30 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:

Why would it be a mistake to sign more than likely one of the most talented WR of all time? Cuz it would be a hit to your Patriots? The argument you make for him leaving contradicts with the "I have enough money Mr. Kraft, I am here to win a championship" talk we've heard all year. Moss publically said all the right things for a year, and what did it get him? No ring, and not a whole lot of money since he took less to become a Patriot. If Jerry's waving the big money at him, AND TO is a FA next year anyways why wouldn't he consider it? The NFC could be viewed as considerably weaker than the AFC too, and Dallas could have a great chance of getting to the Super Bowl. New England's road could be much tougher to return.

I see this as being huge for the Cowboys, and decimating to the Patriots if it were to come to fruition.

Did you even read my post? I said that I thought it would be harmful to Dallas due to chemistry and locker room issues. I said nothing about the Patriots. I don't think he's going to sign with the Pats. I just don't think he's going to sign with Dallas either. Next time you want to disagree with me, read more than the first line of my post and respond to my actual arguments instead of the ones you imagine.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:33 pm

A) it would be out of hand.

B) the "AFC" stronger myth needs to be poked one would think. The interconference games split down the middle, and the NFL Champion was from the NFC. The Cowboys would also be playing in the toughest division in the NFL. You had three playoff representatives, and an 8-8 team that was top 10 in offense and defense. Incidentally, three of the NFC teams gave the Pats three of their 4 toughest games, one of which beat them. So, I'm really not sold anymore that AFC superiority is some unquestioned gospel.

That being said, if you had witten, owens and moss with romo throwing the ball, I posit that it doesn't much matter what conference or division you are in, as its going to seem awfully weak when every team is essentially starting 0-2.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:37 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:

Did you even read my post? I said that I thought it would be harmful to Dallas due to chemistry and locker room issues. I said nothing about the Patriots. I don't think he's going to sign with the Pats. I just don't think he's going to sign with Dallas either. Next time you want to disagree with me, read more than the first line of my post and respond to my actual arguments instead of the ones you imagine.

Watch your tone with me. I disagreed with you, I didn't insult you or take shots at you. Do you understand? If not, reread that. I will not tell you again.

If Moss can exist fine in a winning organization like he did for the last year, why are you insisting he will be a cancer in Dallas? He would be going to a team with a great defense, solid QB, winning tradition, and stud RB. There's no reason not to consider going there if he wants to win a title. It appears you didn't read past the second sentence in mine.

Maybe now my post makes sense to you. If it doesn't you are not seeing it clearly. It appears you didn't read past the second sentence in my response. I spoke of the effect it would have on New England which I felt you must be feeling, since you're stating he would be a cancer is not plausible. Are you saying he was one last year? Don't you think a winning organization and the right situation he can be happy in? He sure seemed happy 18 weeks in a row last year.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk