Ticket prices jump... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Ticket prices jump...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Ticket prices jump...

Postby scrumtalecent » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:34 am

Positive reality. Hmmm. I'm not sure what you mean. I've gone from NEVER miss a Lions' Game (90's), to Ok, I'll watch, but man that coach is dumb (Morningweg years). This led me down the road to interested (Wow, they picked another receiver?), but indifferent, which led to indifferent and totally frustrated (Oh, look. They fired another coach). Now, it's worse than indifference. I won't even watch. I'm boycotting these bums. I see nothing positive about this team. Sure, the WRs look like they could be good, but the QB is getting knocked around enough, and you think Tatum Bell or some rookie RB is going to take some heat off him and allow him to throw to Roy and Calvin? I don't think so.

I just don't buy in to the fact that it's always the coaches fault. Look at Pittsburgh. They've had, what, three coaches there in 30 years or so? It all starts at the top. You want to hire a head coach that's never been a head coach before? Fine. He's going to make mistakes and you're going to lose for years in this organization, unless the man is a freakin' genius. You want to hire a GM that's never been more than a great player and occasional announcer? Great. Well, he's going to make mistakes and you're going to lose for years. I don't expect any more out of Marinelli than what he's done so far. Millen has had his chances. He should be gone. Ford should sell the team. He obviously has no idea what he's doing.
Thank you soty!
scrumtalecent
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ticket prices jump...

Postby moochman » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:50 pm

NimRod said in an interview that those who don't know about football try to sell the negative and the media perceives thing negative, but that he believes in the postive reality. Which is simply his preception of reality. So I've been interjecting that into my posts. I thought that you had been following the thread more. My bad.
Of course DoorMatt Millen is responsible for the state of this sadsack franchise. But that does not resolve NimRod of his actions. He was the one who insisted that we throw money away on Kalimba Edwards becuase in his positive reality he could coach 'em up. Same with keeping Shaun Tub 'O Lard Rogers. In NimRod's positive reality he could set rules for the other players while excusing Tub 'O Lard from practing, working out, being in shape and silly stuff like that.
You see, DoorMatt has been having his player procurement powers stripped away in favor of his coaches, accountants, and the owners. So NimRod has a lot to do with how bad this team is going to be next season.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Detroit Lions