DJ Hacket to The Bucs?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

DJ Hacket to The Bucs??

Moderator: Football Moderators

DJ Hacket to The Bucs??

Postby eaglesfan » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:15 pm

Per Rotoworld
DJ. Hackett-WR-Seahawks Feb. 28 - 10:42 pm et

The Tampa Tribune is hearing that the Bucs have "great interest" in free agent D.J. Hackett.

The Trib also calls Jerry Porter a "logical target" because of Jon Gruden's past dealings with him. The Bucs seem set to add one of the top free agent wideouts available. Bryant Johnson and Ernest Wilford other possibilities.
Source: Tampa Tribune
Related: Jerry Porter, Buccaneers
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Re: DJ Hacket to The Bucs??

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:27 pm

great for the bucs, would open up a lot for joey galloway next year.

deion branch is coming off an ACL tear, what the hell were the seahawks thinking in letting hackett go???

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesfan » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:28 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:great for the bucs, would open up a lot for joey galloway next year.

deion branch is coming off an ACL tear, what the hell were the seahawks thinking in letting hackett go???

I probably would have signed Brown and Franchised Hackett, anything to keep him
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby biju » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:49 am

eaglesfan wrote:
JasonSeahorn wrote:great for the bucs, would open up a lot for joey galloway next year.

We had to franchise Marcus Trufant. Absolutely had to. Hackett is going to be interesting as a free agent. I'm pretty sure we're hoping he'll keep us informed of the deals he's getting to give us a chance to match them, but there's no guarantee with that unless he really wants to stay in Seattle. I'm hoping we offer him something good and he re-signs, because if not we're really going to be hurting next year.

But the Seahawks have only a little bit of room in cap space so he'd almost have to take a pay cut to come back. :-o
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:14 am

I would love to see DJ here. Dumb-a$$ learned his trade from Holmgren, so DJ would know the offense.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesfan » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:38 am

biju wrote:
eaglesfan wrote:

We had to franchise Marcus Trufant. Absolutely had to. Hackett is going to be interesting as a free agent. I'm pretty sure we're hoping he'll keep us informed of the deals he's getting to give us a chance to match them, but there's no guarantee with that unless he really wants to stay in Seattle. I'm hoping we offer him something good and he re-signs, because if not we're really going to be hurting next year.

But the Seahawks have only a little bit of room in cap space so he'd almost have to take a pay cut to come back. :-o

oops I thought they franchised Brown :-?
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby moochman » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:08 pm

That would put a damper on projections for Hackett next season. Hope he ends up somewhere that has a down field QB.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby onnestabe » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:06 pm

Probably thinking that their WR corps wasn't all that bad last year when it was Engram, Burleson, and Obamanu, which it was for several weeks while Branch and Hackett were both out with injuries. Hackett appears to be a fragile guy, and they don't want to (or can't afford to) pay free agent wide receiver money for a guy who's not going to be on the field half the time. I think they realize that their offense will be ok as long as Hass and Engram are there, and the run game can improve.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby JasonSeahorn » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:50 pm

onnestabe wrote:

Probably thinking that their WR corps wasn't all that bad last year when it was Engram, Burleson, and Obamanu, which it was for several weeks while Branch and Hackett were both out with injuries. Hackett appears to be a fragile guy, and they don't want to (or can't afford to) pay free agent wide receiver money for a guy who's not going to be on the field half the time. I think they realize that their offense will be ok as long as Hass and Engram are there, and the run game can improve.

isn't hackett pretty young though? engram is up there in age, around 34, so even if they don't like hackett that much they need to find another young reliable wide....i only saw obamanu in a couple games and he seemed solid enough to be in their system i guess....

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sublimeandy » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:46 pm

don;t forget about the talk about seneca wallace moving to wr, perhaps that will really happen this year. i don't know if he'll make a fantasy impact, but it seems to make sense.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk