Who is the #9 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #9 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is the #9 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:55 pm

RB Kevin Smith
25%
RB Tashard Choice
25%
RB Ray Rice
20%
QB Matt Ryan
15%
WR Limas Sweed
10%
WR DeSean Jackson
No votes
other (please discuss)
5%

Total votes : 20

Re: Who is the #9 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Postby The Lung » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:18 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
The Lung wrote:This poll will end today Tue Mar 04, 2008 at 9:55 pm EST. RB Kevin Smith is currently in the lead by one vote. 8-o

:-t

Dynasty by Democracy, dude.

Everyone has their opportunity to make a case for the player he thinks should win the vote. After that, it's all up to the voters.

Dynasty by Democracy.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:25 pm

WOO HOO KEVIN SMITH. Last I checked he was in third and now he's in first. Keep up the good voting! ;-D

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:51 pm

The Lung wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
The Lung wrote:This poll will end today Tue Mar 04, 2008 at 9:55 pm EST. RB Kevin Smith is currently in the lead by one vote. 8-o

:-t

Dynasty by Democracy, dude.

Everyone has their opportunity to make a case for the player he thinks should win the vote. After that, it's all up to the voters.

Dynasty by Democracy.

I was just joking ;-)

I don't care who wins em as long as there is discussion and voting ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:04 pm

LoveBoatCaptain wrote:I can't go with a running back anymore. It's time to take the lower-risk QBs and WRs.

I'm with ya. I went with Ryan in this one. I just feel like we've already gone through 6-7 RBs, and at some point, you are just taking guys and hoping that they pan out instead of taking guys because you think they will be good RBs. I know all the arguments as to why RBs should be taken before QBs, WRs, etc, but I think once you take the top 5-7 rookie RBs off the board, you should evaluate guys on an equal footing regardless of position. I also think that evaluation should be based on who has the best chance to succeed in the NFL and become a regular starter. Matt Ryan will almost certainly get a great opportunity to start. Maybe not to put up great stats, but definitely to start. A lot of these RBs won't even get the opportunity to be the top backup, much less start. At some point the fact that Ryan is going into a situation where the team will bend over backwards to make him successful makes him more valuable than the RBs that are left. Is this that point? Maybe? Who can really be sure about anything right now?

Maybe my opinion will change after the draft and I would go with one of the RBs, but one of them would really need to fall into the right situation for that to happen. I know situation isn't everything in dynasty FF, but I think it shouldn't be ignored completely, and when you get to this point, it seems like the talent levels are all pretty much equal. Every guy left has some sort of flaw that you can pick on.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:30 pm

onnestabe wrote:
LoveBoatCaptain wrote:I can't go with a running back anymore. It's time to take the lower-risk QBs and WRs.

I'm with ya. I went with Ryan in this one. I just feel like we've already gone through 6-7 RBs, and at some point, you are just taking guys and hoping that they pan out instead of taking guys because you think they will be good RBs. I know all the arguments as to why RBs should be taken before QBs, WRs, etc, but I think once you take the top 5-7 rookie RBs off the board, you should evaluate guys on an equal footing regardless of position. I also think that evaluation should be based on who has the best chance to succeed in the NFL and become a regular starter. Matt Ryan will almost certainly get a great opportunity to start. Maybe not to put up great stats, but definitely to start. A lot of these RBs won't even get the opportunity to be the top backup, much less start. At some point the fact that Ryan is going into a situation where the team will bend over backwards to make him successful makes him more valuable than the RBs that are left. Is this that point? Maybe? Who can really be sure about anything right now?

Maybe my opinion will change after the draft and I would go with one of the RBs, but one of them would really need to fall into the right situation for that to happen. I know situation isn't everything in dynasty FF, but I think it shouldn't be ignored completely, and when you get to this point, it seems like the talent levels are all pretty much equal. Every guy left has some sort of flaw that you can pick on.

See I would never vote for Ryan because I won't draft him. I think he is overrated and will not be a good NFL QB let alone a good FF QB. I would much rather gamble on any back than take him

By the way -- whoever voted for choice to tie it up is a smart man ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:31 pm

Mario Mannigham UM
Devin Thomas MSU

Lung could you throw these guys on the next round, I would nominate them at this time
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BlueBandit24 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:51 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:By the way -- whoever voted for choice to tie it up is a smart man ;-D

That was me. You still wanna make that claim? B-)

I like Choice's game. I think he has the build and overall skillset to be a league average RB, maybe similar to an Earnest Graham or Julius Jones. If he finds a good situation I see him in a timeshare or playing apprentice to another back for a little while before getting his chance. I don't think he will sustain his value, but at times he will be a very productive runner who racks up some good numbers. If that makes any sense. :-?
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:59 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:By the way -- whoever voted for choice to tie it up is a smart man ;-D

That was me. You still wanna make that claim? B-)

I like Choice's game. I think he has the build and overall skillset to be a league average RB, maybe similar to an Earnest Graham or Julius Jones. If he finds a good situation I see him in a timeshare or playing apprentice to another back for a little while before getting his chance. I don't think he will sustain his value, but at times he will be a very productive runner who racks up some good numbers. If that makes any sense. :-?

yea, I guess I will still keep the claim :-b

I hear what you are saying, except I disagree about Graham. I really think if given the chance Graham could be a steady producer in the NFL
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Lung » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:25 pm

If it ends up tied, I will cast the deciding vote.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:56 pm

By tiebreaker vote, RB Kevin Smith is the #9 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk