Jason Taylor and Dolphins Part Ways - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jason Taylor and Dolphins Part Ways

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jason Taylor and Dolphins Part Ways

Postby eaglesfan » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:16 pm

Jason Taylor-DL-Dolphins Mar. 1 - 8:41 pm et

Yahoo! Sports reports that Jason Taylor and the Dolphins have "decided to part ways" this offseason.

Both sides have agreed a trade is for the best, and Taylor has already left the Miami area to prepare for Dancing with the Stars. There were rumors about Green Bay's interest Saturday, although that has proven premature. Miami can probably pick up a couple of solid draft picks for Taylor, 33.
Source: Yahoo! Sports
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jason Taylor and Dolphins Part Ways

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:21 pm

Jason Taylor could take a hit in value if he signs with the Packers with KGB stealing some downs from him to preserve Taylor's aging legs. However, a combination of Kampman and Taylor has to be something the Packers are interested in. Hopefully the Vikings can get their names rumored in there as well.
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheDiplomats » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:33 pm

Jason Taylor still has some years left in him. Guy is a beast. I hope NE gets him..they seem to like Miami players.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mattb47 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:41 pm

TheDiplomats wrote:Jason Taylor still has some years left in him. Guy is a beast. I hope NE gets him..they seem to like Miami players.

Yea....I'm sure NE is right at the top of Miami's list on who to trade him to.... :-b :-b
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:46 am

mattb47 wrote:
TheDiplomats wrote:Jason Taylor still has some years left in him. Guy is a beast. I hope NE gets him..they seem to like Miami players.

Yea....I'm sure NE is right at the top of Miami's list on who to trade him to.... :-b :-b

Ya wouldn't think, but it didn't stop the old regime from trading Welker to them for a 12 Pack of Pabst and a cold pizza. :-b

I'd think Taylor could be worth a 3rd or so to a "Contender" looking for DL help, and given that the Pack just picked up an extra 2nd from Cleveland that GB rumor makes some sense. Thompson may like to build through the draft, but the fact is that they just went 13-3, the Favre window's just about shut, and the time to make a run at the Lombardi is now.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby robnestrick » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:02 am

I could also see the Iggles getting into the mix. I konw they are looking for another DE to pair with Trent Coles and the pressure that Trent Cole and Jason Taylor could present would be formidable. This also would address the "win now" that the Eagles know is a window that is closing. I wonder if Lito Sheppard could be part of a deal for Taylor???
robnestrick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby killiansjmd » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:12 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:
mattb47 wrote:

Ya wouldn't think, but it didn't stop the old regime from trading Welker to them for a 12 Pack of Pabst and a cold pizza. :-b

I'd think Taylor could be worth a 3rd or so to a "Contender" looking for DL help, and given that the Pack just picked up an extra 2nd from Cleveland that GB rumor makes some sense. Thompson may like to build through the draft, but the fact is that they just went 13-3, the Favre window's just about shut, and the time to make a run at the Lombardi is now.

It might not have stopped the old regime from trading with the Pats but I doubt Parcells has any interest in helping at his old buddy Belichik.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:52 am

The Bengals should be in the mix for him...

:-? :-P
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby TheDiplomats » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:33 am

mattb47 wrote:

I can dream can't I? :-b
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:43 am

Reports are out this morning from Bill Parcells that Jason Taylor will remain a Dolphin next season unless he retires in which case they would still retain his rights.
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk