Randall Gay Signs with The Saints - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Randall Gay Signs with The Saints

Moderator: Football Moderators

Randall Gay Signs with The Saints

Postby eaglesfan » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:32 pm

Randall Gay-DB- Saints Mar. 2 - 2:10 pm et

Saints agreed to terms with CB Randall Gay on a four-year, $17.6 million contract. The deal is worth $6.7 million in the first two years.

Gay is a favorite of defensive back expert K.C. Joyner, will tackle, and excels at keeping plays in front of him. However, the Saints are arguably committing substantial money to a system-created corner for the second straight offseason. The move failed miserably with Jason David in 2007.
Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune
Related: Patriots
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Randall Gay Signs with The Saints

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:35 pm

he's no asante samuel, but he's a big upgrade over jason david. better than nothing for the saints D.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:38 pm

I was never a bit Randall Gay fan while he was on the Patriots. Although with him leaving, it appears they are going to need to either draft or sign a CB.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mikus » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:10 pm

LSU boy coming home. Glad to see it. I think he was a good bargain addition by the Saints, hopefully he can bring a high level of play to the defensive backfield.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:04 pm

Not worth it.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mattb47 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:17 pm

I think the Saints have just signed another one of those guys who will be just good enough not to help their pass defense all that much....they really needed to land Samuel if they were going to grab a CB that would improve their pass D immediately. They better draft a corner in the draft and hope he works out well for them.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby padrino990_200 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:19 pm

mikus wrote:LSU boy coming home. Glad to see it. I think he was a good bargain addition by the Saints, hopefully he can bring a high level of play to the defensive backfield.

bargain? are you speaking in opposites? im a nig NE fan and this guy is a nickle back at best. go back and watch the games, this guy gets burnt left and right, his stats just dont show it cause they play alot of zone. he gives up 10-15 yard recs like its his job. they took a #3 cb at best and shoved him into a #1 spot. this is why the saints go to the playoffs once every 30-40 years

maybe he will surprise me, he is still young. but he has never shown anything other than mediocracy in his years here in NE
padrino990_200
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mikus » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:31 pm

Gay is 25-years-old and spent the bulk of his time playing for a winner. He is more comfortable with man-to-man defense as opposed to last year's big splash Jason David. I say bargain because he came cheaper than other free agent cornerbacks on the menu and he is an upgrade compared to what the Saints already have on the roster, save Mike McKenzie, which is not saying much. But it is a start.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby m16a » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:54 pm

Everyone's talking about what this does to affect the Saints, but what about the Patriots? They lost Samuel, Colvin, Gay, and now Seau is a FA. Harrison is gettin way up there, the LB corp isn't either, and Wilfork is most likely a liability due to behavior. There defense is gonna be hurtin if they don't draft extremely well IMO.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby mattb47 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:58 pm

Yea....their defense could be hurting next year significantly unless they make some pretty good moves before the start of the season.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk