2007 Threads - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

2007 Threads

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Re: 2007 Free Agents (Adds)

Postby Kilroy » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:14 pm

Add: Aaron Stecker - RB, NO

Add: T.J. Duckett - RB, DET

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Congratulations to the Dayton Aviators

Postby Kilroy » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:24 am

For being the 2007 Defunct Dynasty League Champions.

Our first order of business in the off-season will be to replace any departing owners, which dream, flots, and I will get rolling on shortly after the New Year. If any of you can think of anyone you think might be interested and would be a good fit for the league by all means speak up. (here or via PM)

After we're back to 12 we'll discuss any potential rule/schedule/alignment/etc. changes, and once we've hashed that out we'll get dates set for FA and the Rookie Draft.

I think the First Year was a successful (albeit a bit bumpy) one, and look forward to locking horns with y'all again in '08.

Happy New Year Everyone! ;-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Re: Congratulations to the Dayton Aviators

Postby jayday » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:21 am

Thanks, Kilroy.

I had a good time with this. Thanks for letting me be a part of it. ;-D
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby m16a » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:36 am

Grats to jay. You comin back to defend the title mr jayday?? :-B
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby madaslives911 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:26 pm

Congrats on your win Jay! B-)
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:08 am

Congrats to jayday for winning the Championship! ;-D ;-D

I would've posted this sooner, but I just got back from vacation. I spent the holidays in Spain with my sister, nephew, & in-laws. We had an awesome time. ;-D

Very crazy season for me. I made 5 semi's (including this one). In 3, I had a bye and then lost in the semi's. Obviously lost in the finals here. So all 4 of my 1 & 2 seeds lost. :-b

Then you have my 6-7 team in the LOD league. I swear. This is the most competitive league I've ever played in. It's a 10 team dynasty, 2nd year, & very large benches (start 9 each week, 25 player rosters). I can't find last years exact standings, but they were very close like this year. Here were the standings this year:

1. Swiper------------8-5, 1467.40 points
2. SeaWolf----------8-5, 1309.75 points
3. mutantseabass--7-6, 1291.75 points
4. The_Captain-----7-6, 1148.60 points
5. Flux---------------6-7, 1393.90 points
6. Me----------------6-7, 1294.10 points
----------------------------------------------
7. dream_017------6-7, 1241.50 points
8. Santacruzer-----6-7, 1228.20 points
9. logan-------------6-7, 1102.10 points
10. jayday----------5-8, 1262.90 points

:-* :-*

The_Captain & myself met in the finals and I won. :-? :-? More drama: I made a trade with Cappy right before the trade deadline that I'm praying pays off for the future because it was dreadful in the short run (Jamal Lewis for Cotchery...we start 3 WR's :-? :-o :-? :-? :-? %-6 %-6 :-b ;-) ). After the trade Cappy ended the season (weeks 11-13) on a 3 game winning streak & I ended it on a 3 game losing streak. Un*@#$ingbelievable! ;-D

Hope everyone here had a happy holiday season & a happy new year. Looking foward to the off-season at the cafe! The best time of the year!! ;-D ;-D

FNJ

Paul

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:16 am

Congrats on the win Jay ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Re: Draft Commentary

Postby The Lung » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:37 pm

So Jayday got LB Patrick Willis (and his 174 tackles, 2 forced fumbles, and 4 sacks) with pick 2.02 in the rookie draft? All you guys who passed on him with your late 1st round picks must be kicking yourselves. :-b
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby m16a » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:43 pm

The Lung wrote:So Jayday got LB Patrick Willis (and his 174 tackles, 2 forced fumbles, and 4 sacks) with pick 2.02 in the rookie draft? All you guys who passed on him with your late 1st round picks must be kicking yourselves. :-b

See when this draft started, I didn't follow college. Then about 3 weeks in, I heard about Willis. And yes I am kicking myself. I mean cumon... Pousluszney, tatupu and willis woulda been beastly... Oh well, I will survive somehow...
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:04 pm

The Lung wrote:So Jayday got LB Patrick Willis (and his 174 tackles, 2 forced fumbles, and 4 sacks) with pick 2.02 in the rookie draft? All you guys who passed on him with your late 1st round picks must be kicking yourselves. :-b

Just like those that passed on Randy Moss ;-7
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League