Rumor: Cards Trading Fitz To Philly? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rumor: Cards Trading Fitz To Philly?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Rumor: Cards Trading Fitz To Philly?

Postby eaglesfan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:22 am

Larry Fitzgerald-WR-Cardinals Mar. 7 - 10:08 am et

Larry Fitzgerald and his agent are looking for a four-year deal worth between $25 and $30 million in guaranteed money to restructure his contract.

The Cardinals are looking for a six-year deal for the same amount. Fitz and his agent are angling for the 24-year-old to be eligible for one more giant contract before the age of thirty. He says he wants to win, but his refusal to restructure has cost the Cardinals the ability to make any significant upgrades.
Source: Arizona Republic
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:18 pm

I'm getting tired of holding my breath on this.

That being said, who are the Cardinals kidding with this? It's not like Fitz is holding out for more money, just what they originally agreed to. I don't understand how the Cards think the have bargaining position. I mean I want them to trade him to the Eagles, but they are royally stuck if Fitzgerald doesn't renegotiate out of good faith, why should he? The Cardinals are basically asking him to restructure, and for the amounts in question, its basically asking him to take a pay cut because they mismanaged funds, but they still want him.

On the other hand, the brinksmanship of the eagles is annoying me on this. With their cap and roster situation, this is one time you just drop a bomb and throw lito, picks, whatever needs to be done. If it doesn't result in a super bowl, but the time Kolb is ready, you would still have a Fitz in his prime.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby My team is injured » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:28 pm

I disagree with your stance on Eagles mgmt in regards to this... while I would bump the offer a bit from the lito and a 2nd reported offer, I wouldn't go much higher... as I said earlier, neither team has a lot of leverage and there's no reason the Eagles should simply throw a ton of picks/players at the Cards when the Cards don't have much leverage in this situation either...

while the Eagles would have a great starting squad if they moved lito and pick(s) for Fitz, the Eagles also have a fair share of areas they need to draft for, some of which probably need to be done with 1st day picks (by 1st day, I mean rounds 1-3 even though I think round 3 is now on day 2)... OT is a pressing need, one which I may want the Eagles to use a first round pick on this year if the value is there (from what I've seen, it's likely a good value at T will be there) as Runyan and Thomas are both quickly nearing the end of their careers, Justice has looked poor in limited action, and even if they slide Herremans to T replacing him with MJG, they still at least need another promising tackle in the mix as soon as possible... a nickel CB would also become an immediate need if they move Lito as I don't think Hanson should open the season higher than 4th on the depth chart... then, there are other positions which could potentially warrant picking in the first few rounds like LB (now that Spikes has been cut), TE (with LJ likely gone after the year), S (with Dawk nearing the end of his career), DE, etc.
All of my analysis is based on PPR
My team is injured
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby sublimeandy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:50 pm

regarding the above post... the eagles definitely have needs that should be addressed. i don't see them aprting with a 1st rd pick for fitz and i expect them to take a OT in the first rd, which should solidify that position for a year. the reason why we cut spikes was because we have enough young talent at linebacker that we don't need him. i don't think we will be using any picks this year on linebackers, if anything i can see us signing a veteran for insurance after the draft, or even later in free agency. i think we will be drafting a cb this year as well, probably around the 3rd rd. safety definitely needs to be addressed as well. i dont' think it's ridiculous to think that we can address these needs and trade for a guy like fitz.

i really think the eagles are trying to make a run this year, that's why they are making these moves, almost mimicking the moves they made prior to the 04 season. with kolb waiting in the wings, mcnabb's time is limited. i'm hoping he's around for 2 more years, but we'll see...
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:46 pm

The Cardinals are reportedly not interested in trading him. Don't have a link, just heard it on NFL Live.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Munboy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:21 am

FantasyMan13 wrote:The Cardinals are reportedly not interested in trading him. Don't have a link, just heard it on NFL Live.

Here's one...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eaglesfan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:38 am

Yahoo article I read said they have $365,000.00 left under the cap, they have to make a move. Whether its restructure or cut cap space somewhere else.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker