Moss to Re-Sign with Pats - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Moss to Re-Sign with Pats

Moderator: Football Moderators

Moss to Re-Sign with Pats

Postby eaglesfan » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:28 pm

Per Rotoworld
Report: Moss deal with Patriots 'imminent'

The Boston Globe has confirmed that a deal between Randy Moss and the Patriots is imminent. Profootballtalk says it will be for three years and $27 million.

It's uncertain if Moss' efforts to get other teams involved were successful or raised New England's price. Moss and Tom Brady can't expect to set records again in 2008, but are slight favorites to remain at the top of their positions in fantasy leagues now that they are playing together. Mar. 3 - 2:02 pm et
Source: Boston Globe
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Moss to Re-Sign with Pats

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:46 pm

3 years, 27 million. Is that higher or lower or just about what people thought he'd be getting paid if he stayed (or went elsewhere)?
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby mattb47 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:51 pm

I'm amazed if this is true and no one offered him a bigger contract than that....there are teams who could afford him and he would have given them just a monster boost.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:58 pm

I agree, Matt. I can't figure out why he would stay there for "only" $9 million. I have to believe Randy Moss could have gotten a LOT more than that from some team desperate for a stud WR. Weird.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PMoneyTKE » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:06 pm

mattb47 wrote:I'm amazed if this is true and no one offered him a bigger contract than that....there are teams who could afford him and he would have given them just a monster boost.

Only reason I'm not as surprised by this is that at this point in his career I think being on a Superbowl caliber team is just as important, if not more important, to him than a big contract.

Side note - I saw a headline on Mike and Mike this morning about him and Cpep talking to each other about signing with the same team. Didn't have time to catch the conversation about it though. Anyone else hear more about this?
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BigBadBrawler » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:12 pm

mattb47 wrote:I'm amazed if this is true and no one offered him a bigger contract than that....there are teams who could afford him and he would have given them just a monster boost.

I gotta assume that he took a home-town discount. There has to be teams that woulda signed him to more than that. I bet the recent disputes between Moss and NE came over how much of a discount NE wanted Moss to take versus how much he was actually willing to take...
BigBadBrawler
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: The largest Media Market in the country without an NFL Franchise

Postby mattb47 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:12 pm

knapplc wrote:I agree, Matt. I can't figure out why he would stay there for "only" $9 million. I have to believe Randy Moss could have gotten a LOT more than that from some team desperate for a stud WR. Weird.

Are you saying he couldn't have gotten alot more from someone else? Like the article said...he's not getting all that much more than Bernard Berrian got....certainly he could demand a higher salary than that. No one said anything about him getting "alot" more, but there's no way I would put a double digit yearly salary out of the question.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:17 pm

mattb47 wrote:
knapplc wrote:I agree, Matt. I can't figure out why he would stay there for "only" $9 million. I have to believe Randy Moss could have gotten a LOT more than that from some team desperate for a stud WR. Weird.

Are you saying he couldn't have gotten alot more from someone else? Like the article said...he's not getting all that much more than Bernard Berrian got....certainly he could demand a higher salary than that. No one said anything about him getting "alot" more, but there's no way I would put a double digit yearly salary out of the question.

No, I'm saying I think he could have gotten more from someone else, which is what I believe you're saying in your first post, and I'm agreeing with.

I think Moss' value is still quite high despite comments here about "this stage in his career" and I think there are a lot of teams he could have signed with who would have thrown double-digit money at him.

I thought what I wrote was pretty clear. Did you misread something? :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:21 pm

knapplc wrote:
mattb47 wrote:

No, I'm saying I think he could have gotten more from someone else, which is what I believe you're saying in your first post, and I'm agreeing with.

I think Moss' value is still quite high despite comments here about "this stage in his career" and I think there are a lot of teams he could have signed with who would have thrown double-digit money at him.

I thought what I wrote was pretty clear. Did you misread something? :-b

There seemed to be an air of sarcasm in your post....perhaps I misread it? :-b
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:47 pm

NBCSports.com's Tom Curran has confirmed that Randy Moss has agreed to a three-year, $27 million to remain a Patriot.
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk