Moss to Re-Sign with Pats - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Moss to Re-Sign with Pats

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Moss to Re-Sign with Pats

Postby moochman » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:40 am

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:Huh, thought he would sign for alot more thatn that.

Wants to be a champ i guess.

To say the Moss passed up more money to win a ring, I dunno. We don't know anything about the rumored Iggles offer, and if we know anything it's that it's all about how much of the contract is guaranteed and what type of incentive/bonus clauses there may be. It could be that the Pats offer was more actual dollars rather than performance carrots. Unless I am misremembering when the Iggles were in the SB TO played hurt and looked to be giving a super effort.
I don't recall Moss looking like he was trying to do anything special vs the Giants. So how bad does he want a ring? Just saying.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesfan » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:48 am

moochman wrote:

To say the Moss passed up more money to win a ring, I dunno. We don't know anything about the rumored Iggles offer, and if we know anything it's that it's all about how much of the contract is guaranteed and what type of incentive/bonus clauses there may be. It could be that the Pats offer was more actual dollars rather than performance carrots. Unless I am misremembering when the Iggles were in the SB TO played hurt and looked to be giving a super effort.
I don't recall Moss looking like he was trying to do anything special vs the Giants. So how bad does he want a ring? Just saying.

Eagles offered 3 for $37 Million. The whole contract is basically guarenteed since its only three years
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby BritSox » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:37 pm

First step in putting the footballing equivalent of the Aaron Boone moment behind us.

Let's just hope the following season is similar.
"I can't say that. I'd have to say having Ryan Leaf quarterback us to a 1-15 record is probably the biggest challenge."

Rodney Harrison, on whether losing Tom Brady to injury was the greatest challenge he has faced in football.
BritSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Humpback » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:13 pm

eaglesfan wrote:
moochman wrote:

Eagles offered 3 for $37 Million. The whole contract is basically guarenteed since its only three years

Do you have a link? I haven't seen anything official about their offer. The only link I've seen is the one in this thread, where they said they weren't willing to exceed the Pats offer. I have heard rumors that they did offer more, but no idea what the details were.

As for the whole thing being basically guaranteed, that's not true. If he breaks his leg in training camp, he only gets his signing bonus. I have no idea if they offered more, less, or the same guaranteed money, but just because it's a 3 yr. deal doesn't make it all basically guaranteed.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby eaglesfan » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:25 pm

I don't have a link but as far as the contract with the Pats, he makes almost half his contract when he signs, its almost 15 million in guaranteed money.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:32 pm

eaglesfan wrote:I don't have a link but as far as the contract with the Pats, he makes almost half his contract when he signs, its almost 15 million in guaranteed money.

imagine getting paid 15 million to just sign your name.....usually when i sign my name it's because i'm SPENDING money, not GETTING money. :,-(

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Humpback » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:28 pm

eaglesfan wrote:I don't have a link but as far as the contract with the Pats, he makes almost half his contract when he signs, its almost 15 million in guaranteed money.

Yeah, that I know, that's kind of the point- even if the Philly offer was for more money over the life of the contract, it's possible they "only" offered $10 or $12MM in guarantees. No idea though.
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby eaglesfan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:23 am

Humpback wrote:

Yeah, that I know, that's kind of the point- even if the Philly offer was for more money over the life of the contract, it's possible they "only" offered $10 or $12MM in guarantees. No idea though.

Andy Reid himself said that they were heavy into negotiations. They definately matched then went over the guaranteed money, and im assuming the per year money. Moss wanted a specific number and the Eagles matched that, and it was still not good enough.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:13 pm

im fine with it. I really don't like moss. They'll do something if Reid is talking to Moss.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Humpback » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:30 pm

eaglesfan wrote:
Humpback wrote:

Andy Reid himself said that they were heavy into negotiations. They definately matched then went over the guaranteed money, and im assuming the per year money. Moss wanted a specific number and the Eagles matched that, and it was still not good enough.

No offense, but it sounds like you're drawing your own conclusions here. The only link I've seen (not that it makes it official obviously) is the one in this thread, and it says that Philly was not willing to exceed the Pats offer. Just because Reid said that they were heavy into negotiations doesn't mean they definately went over the guaranteed money. The only other things I've seen have been rumors that Philly may have offered more money, but it didn't say anything about more guaranteed money. How do you know Moss gave them a specific number, and they matched it, but he still said "no"? I'm not saying it didn't happen, I just haven't seen anything to that effect.

Anyway, it's not really important, and we'll probably never know the full details of the offer since they try and keep that stuff in house.
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk