Trade in your old games for new ones! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Trade in your old games for new ones!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade in your old games for new ones!

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:47 am

Check out this website for trading your video games.

It works on points system. Games are worth a certain # of points and you earn points for trading your games, then "pay" points for getting other people's games. The website hooks you up with people looking to trade for the games you have. So you're not trading game for game, your trading games for points and points for games. That way you don't have to wait for someone who wants your game and has the game you want to make a trade. When you sign up a make your first trade you get 100 points and 1 trade credit to use. Other points have to be bought or earned from trades. I just signed up there, put in all my old PSONE games for trade, and within minutes some guy from Texas requested two of my games.

It's a pretty cool site...worth checking out.

Bago's link -- ignore mine, click his (it's not a pyramid scheme, only one guy gets credit) ...

Bagobonez link

my link
Last edited by Jimboozie on Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade in your old games for new ones!

Postby bagobonez » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:48 pm

signed up. You're welcome. ;-D This is awesome! Seems like I can get alot more "value" for some of my games that I no longer want than if I sold them on ebay. Thanks boozie!
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:23 pm

bagobonez wrote:signed up. You're welcome. ;-D This is awesome! Seems like I can get alot more "value" for some of my games that I no longer want than if I sold them on ebay. Thanks boozie!

Yeah, I like it a lot, too. Thanks for the sign up. ;-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:15 pm

Eh, maybe I got a little too excited about this. Didn't realize you have to wait in line to trade your games away and to get new ones. It only makes sense... supply has to meet demand and vice versa... just seems like I'm going to have to wait a LOOOONG time to get rid of some of my stuff.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:29 pm

bagobonez wrote:Eh, maybe I got a little too excited about this. Didn't realize you have to wait in line to trade your games away and to get new ones. It only makes sense... supply has to meet demand and vice versa... just seems like I'm going to have to wait a LOOOONG time to get rid of some of my stuff.

I got lucky in that some guy wanted two of my old PSONE games right off the bat. But yeah, it could be a while before anybody requests my other ones.

Hey Bago, post your referral link so if someone else signs up you get the credit. ;-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bagobonez » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:26 pm

Here's my referral link. If anyone else signs up for this, please use this link so Boozie and I get credit. It doesn't cost you anything extra to use this link, and in fact will get you 100 bonus points.
[url]
http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/join. ... 5271166830[/url]
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:32 am

Very cool, I'll have to check this out. Thanks for link ;-D
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby bagobonez » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:28 am

I just traded 2 games that I never play anymore and acquired Call of Duty 2 and Bioshock in their stead. Awesome!
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:48 pm

I've just been buying/selling on ebay to create my own little "trade program", but this sounds like it could be a good alternative. A couple quick questions.

1. How do the "requests" work? Is it like Netflix where you have like a queue and they send you them as available or can you tell it to wait for another game specifically? For instance, if I really want game A and don't want to have game B or C or D shipped to me when I could maybe pick up A if I waited a couple more days, will that work out ok?

2. Do the games usually come in good condition?

Also, where do I get my referral code? I signed up using bagobonez's link.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:04 pm

Upon looking at this more closely it looks like this and ebay may actually supplement each other very well.

For instance, I recently picked up Turok on ebay for $38 shipped, it is worth 800 points on Goozex. Meanwhile, Mass Effect is worth 1000 points on Goozex and can be picked up on ebay for around $32. So I could've grabbed Mass Effect on Ebay, and saved about 5 bucks (after shipping/$1 Goozex fee) and had an extra 200 goozex points leftover after trading Mass Effect for Turok.

Likewise, Army of Two is $48 or so on ebay right now and is worth 1000 points on Goozex. So you could pick up Mass Effect for $32 on ebay and trade it for Army of Two and save about 15 bucks.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Video Games