Favre Retires - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Favre Retires

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Favre Retires

Postby eagles21 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:27 pm

Awesome, awesome player. Even better human being. He has probably been my favorite QB to watch, and I'm sad that his career is finally over. I am happy though, that I've gotten to watch such a great player play the game of football.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:06 am

eagles21 wrote:Awesome, awesome player. Even better human being. He has probably been my favorite QB to watch, and I'm sad that his career is finally over. I am happy though, that I've gotten to watch such a great player play the game of football.

Couldn't have said it better. I agree with every sentence you wrote.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby moochman » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:07 am

Metroid wrote:"Strong men also cry... strong men also cry." -Mr. Lebowski

Great reset ;-D Now Favre has time to go find an ATM, eh? :-D

I hated Brett Favre every day he played. The times he toyed with my pathetic hometown Leos still makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. :-{ Now that it seem official that Favre 4 ever now has turned that corner into 4 no more I can't help but miss him already. Not John Madden kind of missing, but the kind of sadness you fell when you realize that something you've always loved has changed forever.

Football will go on but I can never look on it again in the same way. It's changed now, a piece missing, a piece that Favre help keep in place with his throwback playing style. Favre opened a window back into the heart of football's past. A time when you could stare down your opponants and try to out-tough them. A time when playing hurt was ordinary rather than remarkable. Where you took the chance instead of running out of bounds. A time when the words playing not to win were not in the playbook. A time of warriors, true gridiron gladiators. Thank you Brett Favre for all the great memories and for providing a living link into the past spirit of football. You weren't one of a kind, just the last of the line.
Good luck in retirement.

Please excuse my sentimental ramblings. Too much beer making me nostalgic.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Munboy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:21 pm

Man...Brett's been around for almost as long as I've been watching football. It's not going to be the same to not be able to catch a few games a year (usually busy watching Steelers). A great player who was almost as fun to watch in between plays as he was during plays.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:47 pm

Man, it's really starting to set in that he's not comin back. Green Bay and Brett Favre just go together.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Previous

Return to Football Talk