Favre is retiring - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Green Bay Packers

Favre is retiring

Moderator: Football Moderators

Favre is retiring

Postby TruNinerFan » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:28 am

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Favre is retiring

Postby RiffRaff » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:54 pm

SKOL Vikings. ;-D

Woooooooooooooooooooooo. What a great day. ;-D ;-D ;-D
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:35 am

RiffRaff wrote:SKOL Vikings. ;-D

Haha, if you think this makes the VIkes the team to beat up north, you are gonna be in for a rude awakening.
Somehow after the legend retired we still ended up with the best qb in the NFC North. And the best coach. And the best O-line, and a good Defense.

Heck, we could have beaten you once last year with NO qb at all. 34-0.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby RiffRaff » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:26 am

skibrett15 wrote:
RiffRaff wrote:SKOL Vikings. ;-D

Haha, if you think this makes the VIkes the team to beat up north, you are gonna be in for a rude awakening.
Somehow after the legend retired we still ended up with the best qb in the NFC North. And the best coach. And the best O-line, and a good Defense.

Heck, we could have beaten you once last year with NO qb at all. 34-0.

My woooooooooooo was out of respect. No more "Great" QB to thrash us every year.

I'm not delusional about my Vikes. Might want to rethink Best QB and Best O-Line, don't be a total homer. Fragile QB might be the best QB, key word might, and that doesn't say anything. Bears don't know what they have, any QB could have good numbers with Detroits WRs and TJ is a top 3 crappiest QB. The Best O-Line, I hope this is what you think for the NFC North only and that's even debatable within the division.

I Believe the Vikes Thrashed the Super Bowl champs, I'm forgetting what happened to the Pack vs. The Champs. :-?

Ok, let's not go back to who has won more Super Bowls. :-D
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:30 pm

yes, I am talking about the NFC north. The question is, which giants team did the vikings beat? The super bowl champs, or their regular season impersonators the first half of the season? Because the packers trashed them too.
(Thanks Leber)
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RiffRaff » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:38 pm

skibrett15 wrote:yes, I am talking about the NFC north. The question is, which giants team did the vikings beat? The super bowl champs, or their regular season impersonators the first half of the season? Because the packers trashed them too.

Is week 12 the first half of the season?

One thing a Vikes homer can say that a Packer homer cannot. A Vikes homer can admit when his team stinks, a Packer homer would never do that. :-D The Vikes sucked last year and they are still aways from fixing that. Here's hoping the #1 QB in the NFC North doesn't stub his toe getting out of bed. :-b

Not saying the Packers suck, but being in the NFC North last year definitely didn't hurt their record. Some would say it was inflated by a win or two. 11- 5 is still a good season, but that 15-1 season is nothing but a failure in Viking country(I think I remember the record the Vikes had that year against the Pack ;-D ). Can't imagine the pain Packer Fans are having with that dreadful loss and now with the retirement. :~(
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:03 pm

RiffRaff wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:yes, I am talking about the NFC north. The question is, which giants team did the vikings beat? The super bowl champs, or their regular season impersonators the first half of the season? Because the packers trashed them too.

Is week 12 the first half of the season?

One thing a Vikes homer can say that a Packer homer cannot. A Vikes homer can admit when his team stinks, a Packer homer would never do that. :-D The Vikes sucked last year and they are still aways from fixing that. Here's hoping the #1 QB in the NFC North doesn't stub his toe getting out of bed. :-b

Not saying the Packers suck, but being in the NFC North last year definitely didn't hurt their record. Some would say it was inflated by a win or two. 11- 5 is still a good season, but that 15-1 season is nothing but a failure in Viking country(I think I remember the record the Vikes had that year against the Pack ;-D ). Can't imagine the pain Packer Fans are having with that dreadful loss and now with the retirement. :~(

Yes, week 12 is the part of the season I was referring to. What the heck does 15-1 have to do with anything? Personally, I never was really beat up about the loss. We got outplayed at home and the game was closer than it should have been. We dropped passes, turned the ball over, didn't adapt our coverage, and didn't capitalize on opportunities. It was a bad game, but not a heartbreaking loss. The giants didn't steal that game, they beat us straight up and then almost blew it at the end. I see no reason the packers still aren't the team to beat in the North, and we're still a contender in the NFC at large.
(Thanks Leber)
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RiffRaff » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:02 pm

skibrett15 wrote: The super bowl champs, or their regular season impersonators the first half of the season?

Week 12 is not the first half. But I do understand that you are saying anyone could throttle the Giants, Including the Packers ;-7

Beating the crappy Vikes of last year was not an accomplishment. I know there are a few Vikes fans with their heads in the sand in regards to last year's team. The Vikes were not as good as their record.

Back to Favre. It was a great run and It only waters down the division. Favre retiring will not make the NFC stronger. I know, I know; Profound statement.

I'd like to hitch my wagon on Rodgers just a little more than any of the remaining QBs in the NFC North and that should speak volumes on how pathetic the NFC QBs are. :-o

Edit: The Pack is the Team to Beat in the NFC North. Rodgers stays healthy that is. 10, 11 wins if healthy. 6 to 9 without and that's only because the Lions and the Bears. :-D
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Green Bay Packers