Aaron Rogers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Aaron Rogers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Aaron Rogers

Postby scsi1 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:38 am

With Farve gone, where does this put Rogers?

If I remember correctly he looked very good in limited action when Farve was injured last year & all of the weapons are still in place.
scsi1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Aaron Rogers

Postby mikus » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:43 am

He did look good, and he looked better in that game than Favre did. But that does not translate to a full season, and Rodgers' talent and potential remain to be seen. I think he will be worth a late-round selection as a sleeper because the weapons exist on that offense for Rodgers to be successful, particularly in the passing game.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby treat24 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:44 am

Rodgers is gonna get every opportunity... As a pack fan (they are my 2nd favorite team as most at the cafe know) ... and I'm sure other pack fans can agree... last year driver, jennings, grant, etc... were making plays after they got the ball which made Favre's numbers look way better. If Aaron can get the ball into their hands and let them make plays, I think he will be ok... Problem is, defenses won't fear Aaron and will play differently. We'll see... I'm hoping for the best... but it's pretty early with the little we saw of Rodgers...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby onnestabe » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:50 am

I think he will be a good guy to pick if you've already gotten a top-5 QB in the early rounds. I wouldn't trust him in a platoon type of situation, though. One thing no one has mentioned yet is the injury concerns surrounding him. He hasn't seen the field much due to Favre's longevity, but he seems to get hurt every time he gets in the game.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:08 pm

Don't draft him as your #1, certainly. I think he's definitely worth picking up as a flier. If you're in a Keeper and you don't have one of the big names I think you have to look at him a bit early in the draft, like a round earlier than his ADP, in case he turns out to be pretty good.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:58 pm

He's gotta be thinking, "IT'S ABOUT FRIGGIN TIME!!!!!!!!" :-°
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:35 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:He's gotta be thinking, "IT'S ABOUT FRIGGIN TIME!!!!!!!!" :-°

QFT. :-b ;-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Popcynical » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:45 pm

I have him in my dynasty league... I'd love to have to bench Peyton Manning to start him :D
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:26 pm

knapplc wrote:Don't draft him as your #1, certainly. I think he's definitely worth picking up as a flier. If you're in a Keeper and you don't have one of the big names I think you have to look at him a bit early in the draft, like a round earlier than his ADP, in case he turns out to be pretty good.

Maybe you shouldn't draft him as your No.1, but you could. Seems like a better option over half the qbs out there. I think you can make the case for picking him over: Leinart, Campbell, Bills QB, Miami QB, Jets QB, Alex Smith, Tarvaris Jackson, Kitna, Bears QB, Oakland QB, KC QB, Baltimore QB, Vince Young, Houston QB, Delhomme, Atlanta QB, Garcia.
So that's 18 QBs who I think I would pick Rodgers over.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:54 pm

skibrett15 wrote:
knapplc wrote:Don't draft him as your #1, certainly. I think he's definitely worth picking up as a flier. If you're in a Keeper and you don't have one of the big names I think you have to look at him a bit early in the draft, like a round earlier than his ADP, in case he turns out to be pretty good.

Maybe you shouldn't draft him as your No.1, but you could. Seems like a better option over half the qbs out there. I think you can make the case for picking him over: Leinart, Campbell, Bills QB, Miami QB, Jets QB, Alex Smith, Tarvaris Jackson, Kitna, Bears QB, Oakland QB, KC QB, Baltimore QB, Vince Young, Houston QB, Delhomme, Atlanta QB, Garcia.
So that's 18 QBs who I think I would pick Rodgers over.

well, there are 32 teams in the NFL...so 32 - 18 = 14, so if you're in a 14 team league and everyone else has a qb, then i guess you're taking aaron rodgers! :-b

finding a starting qb is not a big deal, there are plenty of useable qb1s....imo get rodgers as a backup that has upside.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk