Dumb things that we consciously do - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Dumb things that we consciously do

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dumb things that we consciously do

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:24 pm

Before I hit the hay, I think GT could use a thread today other than the "cluttersome" movie/mafia stuff.
So, I got to thinking (always a dangerous activity for me), what are some of the dumb things that you consciously do?

Myself, it happens all the time in limit poker; calling down bets when I know I'm beat. It's a big leak in my game that I've yet to plug.
What else?
Smoking. Gah. I know that habit is horrible for my health but I do it anyway. Why do they make those things so addictive? Wouldn't it be nice if vegetables were addictive and smoking cigarettes was as enjoyable as watching an all day marathon of The View?
I'm also a habitual big tipper, especially to the friendly and attractive waitresses/bartenders. Probably 99% of the time, that money is just wasted--it's not like she's going to ride the boozie baloney pony just because she received a generous tip.

There's probably a million more things. I'm interested to hear what you got. ;-D

Go ahead: Share your dumbness. You'll feel better than a priest at a Hannah Montana concert if you do. ;-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dumb things that we consciously do

Postby josebach » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:46 pm

Read threads started by boozie. :-B
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:50 pm

I probably eat too much, which is just as self-destructive as smoking. I'm good at portion control for days and days, then I go crazy and down half a cow for dinner. And I know I eat too much at lunch for the sedentary job I have. I eat as much as I used to eat when I was a furniture delivery guy half a lifetime ago, and that's way too much. I posted that "I'm Fat" thread like two years ago, and I'm still the same weight as I was back then.

Boozie, you and I should do a personal challenge - you stop smoking and I'll lose weight. No prizes or anything, we just suffer together. What do you say?

On a lighter note, I have this stupid ongoing problem typing "won" when I want to type "one." I posted about this a while ago, and it's still happening. :-B ;-7 It annoys the heck out of me, too.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:18 pm

When typing, I type teh WAY more than the. It bugs me to no end. I spend WAY too much time on the Cafe and still find a way to completely ignore real football news until it is no longer news anymore. Stupid GT.

Hmmm.... overcommit on fantasy leagues every year. Yeah, can't think of anything else right now.

I do tend to tip big too, but at least with me its because I am generous and not because I am drunk. ;-7 :-B
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:36 pm

I've been caught adjusting things without realizing it. O:-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:41 pm

I concur. My rear view mirror needs adjusting so often that I don't even realize when I'm doing so. Same goes for my belt buckle, collars on my shirts, and brightness level of the TV when I'm watching a movie.
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby whodey#9 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:05 pm

:-b I do everything everyones mentioned so far.... dang I'm a loser !+)
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Leber » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:07 pm

Profanity. !+)
Leber
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:08 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I've been caught adjusting things without realizing it. O:-)

Read: Omaha plays pocket pool all day long. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:12 pm

Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I've been caught adjusting things without realizing it. O:-)

Read: Omaha plays pocket pool all day long. :-b

Probably how it looks too. I was walking out to our parking lot here after work one day and it was just bothering me, but I realized it so I waited till I was out in the parking lot and everyone was either behind me or just not around. So I adjust away... I look up and there's one of my employees' wives sitting in her car right in front of me waiting for him to get off work.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Next

Return to General Talk