Who is the #10 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #10 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is the #10 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:57 pm

RB Tashard Choice
14%
RB Ray Rice
24%
QB Matt Ryan
14%
WR Limas Sweed
24%
WR DeSean Jackson
10%
WR Mario Mannigham
10%
WR Devin Thomas
5%
other (please discuss)
No votes

Total votes : 21

Re: Who is the #10 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:45 pm

I think a lot of people are overvaluing position scarcity here. Now don't get me wrong, clearly if you can get somewhat similar value, you should easily go with a RB. But we're talking about dynasty/keeper leagues, so unless you're RB are absolutely awful, which they probably aren't given that you have the 10th pick in this situation, you could draft the WR with the much better value and be fine with the RB that you already have.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BlueBandit24 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:52 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I think a lot of people are overvaluing position scarcity here. Now don't get me wrong, clearly if you can get somewhat similar value, you should easily go with a RB. But we're talking about dynasty/keeper leagues, so unless you're RB are absolutely awful, which they probably aren't given that you have the 10th pick in this situation, you could draft the WR with the much better value and be fine with the RB that you already have.

In most instances I would agree with you, but I am having a problem discerning between a number of wide receivers this year. Kensat touched on it on Page 1: there are a lot of WR's that kind of fall into the same grouping and none really stand out from the rest. There are only a couple of WR's I would considering taking in the 1st, and with a deep RB class I think many of those guys have a chance to emerge as fantasy producers.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:20 am

Kensat30 wrote:The lack of love for Ray Rice in these threads is astounding. Height is apparently a very big influence for a whole lot of people. The guy has the build of an NFL RB.. and more importantly, he can ball.

Choice is a career backup at best.

And personally, I'll pickup whatever WR I like that drops to the 2nd round. The tier of WRs this year is HUGE. There is no reason to drop an early pick on one (unless you think there is a clearcut STANDOUT amongst the group... there isn't). RBs are so limited in dynasty that if you draft WR in the first round, you are also drafting WR in the 2nd, and in the 3rd, and in the 4th.... Positional scarcity in dynasty drafts are HUGE. There are only 7 or 8 RBs and that have a CHANCE to be a starter in this league each year, and realistically only 4 or 5 of those guys have a real shot.

Ray Rice has a shot people. This guy should go in the top half of round 1 in all dynasty leagues, not in the bottom. Getting him at #10 is a STEAL.

Limas Sweed? You guys are crazy...

Here are your 5-7 guys that have a chance of making an impact this year at RB:

Big 3
Johnson
Rice
Jones
Forte

Charles - too skinny
Smith - too raw
the rest- not talented enough

Here we go again. Just like in a previous poll, Kensat basically scolds everyone for just how wrong they are.

I hope these polls were educational for some and generated some good discussion. I had some fun with them, and had hoped to do them again in May after the NFL Draft, but if this is the way it's going to be, I question whether to bother. :,-(
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:44 am

The Lung wrote:Here we go again. Just like in a previous poll, Kensat basically scolds everyone for just how wrong they are.

I hope these polls were educational for some and generated some good discussion. I had some fun with them, and had hoped to do them again in May after the NFL Draft, but if this is the way it's going to be, I question whether to bother. :,-(

Hey no reason to get upset man, my opinion is just an opinion. I actually enjoy reading the polls to get an idea of what other people are thinking even when I do strongly disagree with them. It's good to have discussion on the disagreements so we can hear other mindset rather than just rankings on a cheatsheet. That's what this messageboard is all about for me. Maybe someone can talk me into drafting a WR at my 1.09 pick..
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:49 am

Kensat30 wrote:
The Lung wrote:Here we go again. Just like in a previous poll, Kensat basically scolds everyone for just how wrong they are.

Hey no reason to get upset man, my opinion is just an opinion. I actually enjoy reading the polls to get an idea of what other people are thinking even when I do strongly disagree with them. It's good to have discussion on the disagreements so we can hear other mindset rather than just rankings on a cheatsheet. That's what this messageboard is all about for me. Maybe someone can talk me into drafting a WR at my 1.09 pick..

I don't think that is possible. You have come in and blasted everyone for not picking all RB all the time. I don't see any of us changing your mind.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:52 am

I said Rice. I think he is a top 5 pick most years, just this draft is so RB loaded it's crazy. None of the WRs or QBs excite me enough to drop the ball on a talented RB. We're not talking about someone who came out of nowhere, this is a college stud RB with great measurables.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby TheDiplomats » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:01 am

I went Ray Rice. He should be a good one...however it really depends on where he lands more then anything. The same could be said of any player outside of the big 3 RBs.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Lung » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:03 pm

This poll runs until today, Friday Mar 07, 2008 at 9:57 pm EST. WR Limas Sweed is currently in the lead by one vote! 8-o

If the poll ends in a tie, I'll cast a deciding vote just so we can move on to the next poll. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:24 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:

I don't think that is possible. You have come in and blasted everyone for not picking all RB all the time. I don't see any of us changing your mind.

Sorry I didn't know that having an opinion was so frowned upon in the Cafe today. Maybe I should stick to the "who do I start" forum and give two word replies.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:03 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Hey no reason to get upset man, my opinion is just an opinion. I actually enjoy reading the polls to get an idea of what other people are thinking even when I do strongly disagree with them. It's good to have discussion on the disagreements so we can hear other mindset rather than just rankings on a cheatsheet. That's what this messageboard is all about for me. Maybe someone can talk me into drafting a WR at my 1.09 pick..

Sorry I didn't know that having an opinion was so frowned upon in the Cafe today. Maybe I should stick to the "who do I start" forum and give two word replies.

Having an opinion is all fine and good. What Lung and Deeray are talking about it how you go about expressing that opinion. You just need to try to be a little more tactful. I think what they are saying, which I've noticed as well, is that you seem to be disrespectful to people just because they don't agree with your opinion.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk