Who is the #10 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #10 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is the #10 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:57 pm

RB Tashard Choice
14%
RB Ray Rice
24%
QB Matt Ryan
14%
WR Limas Sweed
24%
WR DeSean Jackson
10%
WR Mario Mannigham
10%
WR Devin Thomas
5%
other (please discuss)
No votes

Total votes : 21

Re: Who is the #10 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Postby treat24 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:06 pm

Thing is that these rankings are made for a rookie draft. a rookie draft implies you have a dynasty team already that you are adding the rookies to. All dynasty and keeper teams are pretty much different... as I said before... My WRs are so bad that I would ALMOST... but I won't... I'd rather trade down... but I'd ALMOST take a WR at 1.03. I have 1.01 and 1.03 and have decent RBs. I'm ok everywhere except WR. I'm not an idiot... I can trade down or trade 1.03 for a WR... However, these polls have given me great reading and even a little bit of knowledge I had not known on some players. That is how it should be looked at. Not as the order is right or wrong. The order of this list will match very few, but it might match some, rookie drafts. It's a fun way to go through the rookies in an organized manner from top to bottom and discuss them. I love it. Thanks for doing this Lung ;-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby mattb47 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:09 pm

All in all....it's interesting to see what people think now but in the end we'll just have to redo all this anyway after it's all said and done. When people get drafted to different places we can truly start to formulate some "rankings" and have more to go on with more people having enough knowledge of at least situation. Most people (including myself) don't truly know enough about all these prospects to effectively rank them.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:57 pm

mattb47 wrote:All in all....it's interesting to see what people think now but in the end we'll just have to redo all this anyway after it's all said and done. When people get drafted to different places we can truly start to formulate some "rankings" and have more to go on with more people having enough knowledge of at least situation. Most people (including myself) don't truly know enough about all these prospects to effectively rank them.

And that was the purpose of these polls - to generate discussion so that people do get to know these prospects. Many people that follow fantasy football amazingly don't even follow the college game closely. I'm sad to admit that even though I've been doing fantasy football since the beginning of the decade, I didn't follow college prospects at all until about 2004-2005. I honestly had no idea who Willis McGahee, Kevin Jones, Steven Jackson, etc. were when they were drafted! The only reason I knew Larry Johnson is because living in PA, everybody and their grandmother is a Penn State fan.

These rankings have established a baseline judged solely on talent alone. They'll certainly change somewhat based on NFL team and opportunity. But let's say Felix Jones gets drafted by a team where he will likely be no better than 2nd on the depth chart and entrenched behind an incumbent starter for possibly a few years. However, another back ranked #9 or #10 gets drafted by a team where he may have the opportunity to start right away. To me, the fact that we ranked Felix Jones as the #4 back based on talent alone means that he's arguably a better dynasty pick than some of those lesser backs. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby The Lung » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:06 pm

Since the poll ended in a tie, I'm going to cast a deciding vote just so we can move on to the next poll. I'm going to do the top 12 which will basically comprise the first round of a 12-team draft. After the NFL Draft in April, we'll do it all over again in May.

RB Ray Rice is the #10 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:24 pm

so glad it was Rice over sweed. Sweed is going to blow
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk