TJ Duckett to the Seahawks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

TJ Duckett to the Seahawks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: TJ Duckett to the Seahawks

Postby Kilroy » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:21 am

deluxe_247 wrote:a 5 year contract for a 27 year old, injury prone RB seems a bit excessive. duckett has never impressed me. SA doesnt impress mess. morris impresses me the most of them all, but that isnt saying much.

IMO the seahawks should trade up a few spots in the draft and get jonathan stewart. he fills a need there, plus he would be a local favorite.

Dat's a good idear right dere. ;-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby biju » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:36 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:a 5 year contract for a 27 year old, injury prone RB seems a bit excessive. duckett has never impressed me. SA doesnt impress mess. morris impresses me the most of them all, but that isnt saying much.

IMO the seahawks should trade up a few spots in the draft and get jonathan stewart. he fills a need there, plus he would be a local favorite.

I wish that were possible, but I don't think it is. If we move up to get an RB we're going to have to shell out money we don't have under the cap. In other words, the Seahawks are likely to take a position in the first round that doesn't pay high, like TE. Then in the second round we'll grab from the leftovers. Remember, we still have to pay for another WR (possibly Hackett again) before everything is said and done because Deion Branch is going to be out for at least the first half of the season.

I would love to see Jonathan Stewart up here, but I just don't see how that's going to be possible with our salary cap woes and management trying hard not to give up on SA. I expect Shaun to be safe this year, although I really wish that wasn't the case.

:-t
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:37 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:

Ya, Mon. I'd love to see my Duck go to my 'Hawks! ;-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby knapplc » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:33 am

biju wrote:I wish that were possible, but I don't think it is. If we move up to get an RB we're going to have to shell out money we don't have under the cap. In other words, the Seahawks are likely to take a position in the first round that doesn't pay high, like TE. Then in the second round we'll grab from the leftovers. Remember, we still have to pay for another WR (possibly Hackett again) before everything is said and done because Deion Branch is going to be out for at least the first half of the season.

I would love to see Jonathan Stewart up here, but I just don't see how that's going to be possible with our salary cap woes and management trying hard not to give up on SA. I expect Shaun to be safe this year, although I really wish that wasn't the case.

:-t

Who knows? Maybe SA will find that fountain of youth that let Brett Favre come back to a good 2007 after lackluster seasons in 05 and 06. They really just need one more season out of SA if they go RB in this draft, unless they draft an idiot.

So say they don't make a move to free up space or jump up in the draft and they have to get back-end RB talent. This is certainly the year to do it. They could be getting someone like Jamaal Charles, Mike Hart, Ray Rice, Allen Patrick, or even Matt Forte, all of whom could develop into decent NFL RBs. They have the luxury of having the need at the right time, and they shouldn't have to overpay for their pick, as deep as this class is.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:23 pm

they should just trade duckett for the 3 draft spots :-b ;-7
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:56 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:they should just trade duckett for the 3 draft spots

One quick e-mail to Al Davis should get it done. :-b
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby moochman » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:03 am

The few times the Lions chose to play Duckett he played as well as any back we had, including KJ when he was healthy. He looked to be running hard and making quick decisions.
As for the 5-year contract-an NFL contract is all about the upfront money. NFL shredders are almost as full of contracts with years remaining than they are Roger's evidence.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Football Talk