RUMOR: Vikings trying to acquire JP Losman - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

RUMOR: Vikings trying to acquire JP Losman

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: RUMOR: Vikings trying to acquire JP Losman

Postby Metroid » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:07 pm

knapplc wrote:I'm just joshing you, homey. If I didn't tease you, you'd think I didn't like you.

And what, you got "metroid" radar that picks this stuff out of the air? How'd you see that? :-b

I figured as much. :-D ;-D

And I have no idea, I rarely post or visit Leftovers but for some reason I have in the past couple days and happened to see that. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:14 pm

he searches for his own name every hour
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Metroid » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:12 pm

treat24 wrote:he searches for his own name every hour

you search for my name every hour since you have such a huge man crush on me....it's cool though...I love me some me too. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby BlueBandit24 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:33 pm

knapplc wrote:I'm pretty sure they're not looking for someone to replace Jackson up in Minny, they're looking for someone to back him up and give him a push to succeed. That's about it.

I think they are looking for a guy who can potentially take over as the starter. Some of the team's better players are getting older and their window to do any damage may be closing. I'd guess internally they will root for Jackson to step up and take the job again, but if he falters they're going to want a solid contingency plan. Rosenfels would offer that and I do not think they would be throwing around a relatively high draft pick if they weren't serious about giving him an opportunity to take the starters role.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:42 pm

Metroid wrote:
treat24 wrote:he searches for his own name every hour

you search for my name every hour since you have such a huge man crush on me....it's cool though...I love me some me too. :-B

well since we're on that subject, should I get my popcorn ready too? :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:14 am

The Vikes should just pony up and get Rosenfelds. If he can play anywhere near as well as he has when he's been asked to fill in, he could be the missing piece to a NFC Norris title and a strong playoff run. A number 2 for a playoff team? Sounds like a good move to me.

Heck, it's not like Childress couldn't still take Jackson out to dinner and stuff.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby treat24 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:16 am

moochman wrote:The Vikes should just pony up and get Rosenfelds. If he can play anywhere near as well as he has when he's been asked to fill in, he could be the missing piece to a NFC Norris title and a strong playoff run. A number 2 for a playoff team? Sounds like a good move to me.

Heck, it's not like Childress couldn't still take Jackson out to dinner and stuff.

:-b
;-D

I was in BB24's camp that a 2nd is just a little two high... but I guess I'd be ok with it upon thought. More than that however, I'd rather they try a 3rd (we have 2) and a late pick...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby TheDiplomats » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:53 pm

Vikings could definitely use a serviceable starting QB. I still get a good laugh every now and then when I think about Tavaris Jackson doing his patented 'jump throw.' You know, the one where he jumps in the air and underthrows the ball by about 5-10 yards and gets picked off. I didn't watch that many Vikings games but I do specifically remember watching 3-4 of them over the course of the season and in EVERY game Jackson did it at least once.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk