Patrick Swayze has Pancreatic Cancer... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Patrick Swayze has Pancreatic Cancer...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Patrick Swayze has Pancreatic Cancer...

Postby treat24 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:32 pm

Linky: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335210,00.html
Linky: http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?id=39205&cat=2
Linky: http://www.reuters.com/article/mediaNews/idUSN0564996520080305

Pancreatic Cancer...

you can find this news everywhere the last day or so, but there wasn't a thread in GT about it so I felt he deserved one... If not only for his skit with Chris Farley... but the many movies of his I've enjoyed...

Sad that both him and his Roadhouse Co-Star will both have passed on this year... Great career Pat... a Preemptive thanks for everything and great job...

some reports had said 5 weeks to live others report he is responding well to treatment...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: Patrick Swayze has 5 weeks to live...

Postby Metroid » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:34 pm

"Nobody puts Baby in the corner."

I use that line all the time. :-b

Man what a bummer.... :,-( :-t
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Re: Patrick Swayze has Pancreatic Cancer...

Postby statsman88 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:05 pm

I didn't care about him at all.....Till I watched him in Donnie Darko ;-D

Life is just that way sometimes, that is a sad story. I hope the last 5 weeks aren't too painful and he can get a chance to at least live it up one last time
statsman88
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Guru13 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:08 pm

One of my best friends has cancer, it's nasty stuff it's not pancreatic cancer thankfully and he's doing well, but I just don't like to here about this stuff. Hopefully he can rally and get through this and extend his life? My Prayers are with him.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:45 pm

Cancer sucks butt. I hate it. :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:38 am

One of my favorite rockers, Cars bassist Benjamin Orr, died of Pancreatic Cancer several years ago. It was so painful to watch him deteriorate over such a short period of time. Hopefully, Swayze can beat the odds.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:27 am

Per IMDB:

Patrick Swayze's doctor has confirmed the actor has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer - but insists he's not as close to death as reports suggest. Tabloid and internet reports suggested the Ghost star was fighting for his life and had been given just five weeks to live, but his physician Dr. George Fisher suggests he's a lot more optimistic about the actor's recovery. In a statement issued to Wenn on Wednesday, Dr. Fisher says, "Patrick has a very limited amount of disease and he appears to be responding well to treatment thus far. All of the reports stating the time frame of his prognosis and his physical side effects are absolutely untrue. We are considerably more optimistic." The Dirty Dancing hunk's publicist Annett Wolf adds, "Patrick Swayze has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and is currently undergoing treatment. Patrick is continuing his normal schedule during this time, which includes working on upcoming projects. The outpouring of support and concern he has already received from the public is deeply appreciated by Patrick and his family."

Sounds a little more optimistic than a lot of the other media outlets...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby treat24 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:34 am

yeah that's the same thing that is said in my 3rd link... glad they released a statement... those reports about 5 weeks were everywhere the last 2 days
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Metroid » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:41 am

Well thats good news, hopefully he can kick cancers ass! ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Return to General Talk