Bucs Sign Ben Troupe - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bucs Sign Ben Troupe

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bucs Sign Ben Troupe

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:14 pm

Bucs agreed to terms with Ben Troupe on a two-year contract, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter.
A nice fit for the athletic pass-catching tight end. Troupe will have to learn the offense, but he'll get a chance to compete to start with incumbent Alex Smith. While he's worth keeping an eye on, the Bucs tight ends will probably cancel each other out. Mar. 6 - 7:57 pm et

Could be fantasy relevant and here is why:

1) Dumba$$ has Smith in his doghouse for some reason
2) You saw want Stevens did last season in the few games he was featured and he is now gone
3) When Dumba$$ coached the Raiders in 1999. 2000, and 2001 here is what Rickey Dudley (pass catching TE) was able to do:

1999: 549 yards 5 TD
2000: 555 yards 9 TD
2001: 250 yards 4 TD

we all know Garcia does not have the strongest of arms and likes to check down. Troupe is a good pass catching TE and could be a nice sleeper
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bucs Sign Ben Troupe

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:22 pm

what is the deal with alex smith, anyways? i remember the beginning of his rookie season he caught a couple of TDs in one game and he got a ton of hype. good size and speed and everything...then just as fast, he was non-existent. i always was waiting for him to break out.

stevens...yeah he just sucks, as a player and as a person.

i like troupe...hopefully they will use him a bit more than they have used their other TEs. he is a solid pickup ;-D .
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:26 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:what is the deal with alex smith, anyways? i remember the beginning of his rookie season he caught a couple of TDs in one game and he got a ton of hype. good size and speed and everything...then just as fast, he was non-existent. i always was waiting for him to break out.

stevens...yeah he just sucks, as a player and as a person.

i like troupe...hopefully they will use him a bit more than they have used their other TEs. he is a solid pickup ;-D .

He is a great receiver and blocker actually. I remember watching him play against CAR and he threw Peppers around like a rag doll a couple times.

Answer to the question about what happened to him? Same thing as Mike Clayton, he got in dumba$$'s doghouse doghouse after an injury and dropping a pass. Once you are there, you stand minimal chance of getting out of it and he will gameplan away from you every game, which is why I hate him
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:46 pm

Why? Alex Smith is a good TE.

Dumba$$e$...
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:51 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:Why? Alex Smith is a good TE.

Dumba$$e$...

:-b ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby moochman » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:13 am

deerayfan072 wrote:

Dumba$$e$...

If Chucky is Dumba$$ and my teams head coach came from TB and is dumb as a rock, does that make Rod Marinelli Son of Dumba$$?
Or is he just the Red-headed step-child who couldn't hold the job collecting carts at the supermarket so took the Lions HC job?

Oh, can Troupe stay healthy enough to be a viable fantasy option?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:37 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:

Dumba$$e$...

FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Return to Football Talk