2008 - Year of Comic Book Movies - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

2008 - Year of Comic Book Movies

Moderator: Football Moderators

2008 - Year of Comic Book Movies

Postby Twisted Sister » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:31 pm

Holy cow! In order of my interest:

1) Batman
2) Iron Man (saw preview... insane)
3) X-men: wolverine
4) Hulk
5) Hellboy
6) Superhero Movie (spiff)
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2822
Joined: 19 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2008 - Year of Comic Book Movies

Postby treat24 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:34 pm

spiff or spoof? hellboy 2... i really enjoyed the first, wonder how the 2nd would be...

I think my order is the same as you, with Hulk on the bottom though...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: 2008 - Year of Comic Book Movies

Postby Metroid » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:36 pm

Twisted Sister wrote:6) Superhero Movie (spiff)


I think you mean "spoof." :-? :-b

I'm really looking forward to Batman and Wolverine. ;-D

Also I really like Robert Downey Jr. and Iron Man looks interesting. :-?
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: 2008 - Year of Comic Book Movies

Postby treat24 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:38 pm

My wife and I are big xmen lovers... My wife more than me... So i'm betting she is super pumped...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: 2008 - Year of Comic Book Movies

Postby Jimboozie » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:46 pm

Every year is the "Year of comic book movies". And they almost always reek of poo. But Hollywood doesn't care because they get big money off of suckers that eat up this crap like they were starving Somalians taken to a Cici's. Batman looks promising but the rest of them will undoubtedly suck monkey butt.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 12527
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2008 - Year of Comic Book Movies

Postby Metroid » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:51 pm

Jimboozie wrote:Every year is the "Year of comic book movies". And they almost always reek of poo. But Hollywood doesn't care because they get big money off of suckers that eat up this crap like they were starving Somalians taken to a Cici's. Batman looks promising but the rest of them will undoubtedly suck monkey butt.

You suck. O:-) :-B
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: 2008 - Year of Comic Book Movies

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:56 pm

excited to see X-Men, I don't care for Ironman though :-/
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Re: 2008 - Year of Comic Book Movies

Postby Metroid » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:58 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:excited to see X-Men, I don't care for Ironman though :-/

I don't think it's X-Men is it? I thought it was just Wolverine. :-?
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: 2008 - Year of Comic Book Movies

Postby Twisted Sister » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:16 pm

Hulk is going to be completely redone, nothing like the trash from the first one.

Darknight looks great.

I'm not a huge Iron Man fan, but I saw a preview when I rented Beowolf... it looked really good. It's one of those "beginnings" movies (which tend to be the best). Downey actually was a perfectly cocky Tony Stark. He builds the first generation suit to escape some terrorists (who kidnap'd him)... the suit is very raw and brutal. Then he builds the elaborate one.

Until I saw the preview, I wouldn't have been all too interested... but that was one great preview ;-D


XMen: Wolverine... "Xmen" in title only, this is all about wolverine.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2822
Joined: 19 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2008 - Year of Comic Book Movies

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:44 pm

Twisted Sister wrote:Hulk is going to be completely redone, nothing like the trash from the first one.

Darknight looks great.

I'm not a huge Iron Man fan, but I saw a preview when I rented Beowolf... it looked really good. It's one of those "beginnings" movies (which tend to be the best). Downey actually was a perfectly cocky Tony Stark. He builds the first generation suit to escape some terrorists (who kidnap'd him)... the suit is very raw and brutal. Then he builds the elaborate one.

Until I saw the preview, I wouldn't have been all too interested... but that was one great preview ;-D


XMen: Wolverine... "Xmen" in title only, this is all about wolverine.


which is why I am excited, he is my favorite comic character
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 13:55 hours
(and 45 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact