Johnson punched Lewis? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Johnson punched Lewis?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Johnson punched Lewis?

Postby Calyxes » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:24 pm

Did I miss this, or is this just now coming out? I would have to assume Johnson will not be on the team this year if this is true

Ex-Bengal and current Brown Shaun Smith confirmed to the Cleveland media that Chad Johnson took a swing at head coach Marvin Lewis and WRs coach Hue Jackson at halftime of the Bengals' 2006 Wild Card game.

"He swung on Marvin," Smith revealed. "(Johnson) shattered the training room glass. He swung on Marvin (and) hit Marvin in the eye. Then he tried to swing on wide receivers coach Hue Jackson." Smith's press conference was previously available on YouTube, but the video has since been removed.

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/be ... -lewis.asp
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Johnson punched Lewis?

Postby treat24 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:34 pm

it's actually very very old news...

here's a thread on it from a few years ago...

but before it was rumor and Cincy kept it in house... but this dude left the team and decided to speak out and confirm the rumors...

CJ will not be kicked off the team for something everybody on the team knew about for 2 years...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Calyxes » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:37 pm

Well I guess I missed it :-) I should have noticed the 2006 in the story :-°
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:39 pm

Calyxes wrote:Well I guess I missed it :-) I should have noticed the 2006 in the story :-°

yeah, but now it's been confirmed instead of just rumor... which is kind of interesting... I don't expect anything to come of it at all... but it's interesting to know...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Calyxes » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:44 pm

I went back and looked at that thread you posted and I remeber hearing about that now. Though I don't remember hearing that he threw a punch. I hope Lewis punches him back some day when Johnson is not expecting it. Thats what I would do at least. You are probibly right, nothing will come of this.
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:46 pm

i remember when this happened and i thought he wouldnt be back last season. it was a shocker back then because it was before all the trade talk started and i thought everything in cincy was peachy. yeah i said it...peachy. :-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:07 am

Shocks me that the Bungals kept Marvin. Clearly he showed right then that he had no control over the team. How some guys keep their jobs...

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:52 am

Another class act from the team aspiring to be the new Raiders.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:56 am

Former Bengals WRs coach Hue Jackson, currently the QBs coach in Baltimore, says Chad Johnson did not hit him or head coach Marvin Lewis at halftime of the Bengals' 2006 Wild Card game.
Former Bengals DT Shaun Smith said last week that the incident did occur. "No, he's not accurate," Jackson said. "And if Shaun did say that I'm a little surprised because, first, Shaun doesn't work in Cincinnati anymore. Shaun works for Cleveland, and I don't know how that would come back up again when it has been dead now for a couple of years."

seriously... why is this relevant again?
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:42 pm

treat24 wrote:
Former Bengals WRs coach Hue Jackson, currently the QBs coach in Baltimore, says Chad Johnson did not hit him or head coach Marvin Lewis at halftime of the Bengals' 2006 Wild Card game.
Former Bengals DT Shaun Smith said last week that the incident did occur. "No, he's not accurate," Jackson said. "And if Shaun did say that I'm a little surprised because, first, Shaun doesn't work in Cincinnati anymore. Shaun works for Cleveland, and I don't know how that would come back up again when it has been dead now for a couple of years."

seriously... why is this relevant again?

Because the media need something to talk about, and this further portrays Chad Johnson (unfairly IMO) as a disgruntled troublemaker.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk