Who is the #11 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Who is the #11 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is the #11 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:30 pm

RB Tashard Choice
2
12%
RB Steve Slaton
0
No votes
QB Matt Ryan
4
24%
WR Limas Sweed
3
18%
WR DeSean Jackson
1
6%
WR Mario Mannigham
2
12%
WR Devin Thomas
4
24%
other (please discuss)
1
6%
 
Total votes : 17

Re: Who is the #11 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Postby The Lung » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:10 pm

QB Matt Ryan is the #11 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008. ;-D
(~);}

Image

(~);}
The Lung
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9850
(Past Year: 61)
Joined: 2 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Disgusted with Mocha Bean

Re: Who is the #11 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:11 pm

Poll just ran out, but I woulda went Sweed. ;-D
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4171
(Past Year: 40)
Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who is the #11 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Postby The Lung » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:26 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:Poll just ran out, but I woulda went Sweed. ;-D


Here's your chance to vote again!
(~);}

Image

(~);}
The Lung
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9850
(Past Year: 61)
Joined: 2 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Disgusted with Mocha Bean

Re: Who is the #11 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:43 pm

The Lung wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:Poll just ran out, but I woulda went Sweed. ;-D


Here's your chance to vote again!


Wahooo! :-b ;-D
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4171
(Past Year: 40)
Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who is the #11 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:58 am

The Lung wrote:QB Matt Ryan is the #11 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008. ;-D


%-6 :-P

:-b
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Re: Who is the #11 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:14 pm

What is the tiebreaker? :-?
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Re: Who is the #11 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Postby The Lung » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:01 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:What is the tiebreaker? :-?


On the other fantasy football website where I got the idea for these polls, they actually did a run-off vote whenever there was a tie. I thought this was dumb and would only prolong the process, so whenever there's been a tie I've stepped in and cast a tiebreaking vote. This wasn't even necessarily the guy I originally voted for - just what I felt was appropriate based on either the discussion or if a guy made a "late charge" in the voting process.

The first 9 of these polls were outright winners, sometimes by a wide margin. It's only been the last two that I had to even cast a tiebreaking vote. ;-D
(~);}

Image

(~);}
The Lung
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9850
(Past Year: 61)
Joined: 2 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Disgusted with Mocha Bean

Re: Who is the #11 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:52 pm

The Lung wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:What is the tiebreaker? :-?


On the other fantasy football website where I got the idea for these polls, they actually did a run-off vote whenever there was a tie. I thought this was dumb and would only prolong the process, so whenever there's been a tie I've stepped in and cast a tiebreaking vote. This wasn't even necessarily the guy I originally voted for - just what I felt was appropriate based on either the discussion or if a guy made a "late charge" in the voting process.

The first 9 of these polls were outright winners, sometimes by a wide margin. It's only been the last two that I had to even cast a tiebreaking vote. ;-D


Ok, sounds good ;-D

I asked basically out of pure curiosity, because I think in the grand scheme of things, the discussion created in these threads is probably more important than who actually wins the polls.
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Re: Who is the #11 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Postby The Lung » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:15 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I asked basically out of pure curiosity, because I think in the grand scheme of things, the discussion created in these threads is probably more important than who actually wins the polls.


Agreed 100%. ;-D

After the top 7 or 8, I think your dynasty needs become more of a priority anyway. While you can never have too many RBs, if my QB situation was especially weak in a dynasty league I might take the highest rated rated QB over the #7 or #8 ranked RB.

These polls also serve as a baseline and should change after the NFL Draft. The top 5 shouldn't change dramatically though - I would still take a Rashard Mendenhall or Jonathan Stewart even if they get drafted by a team where they might not be starter for a year or two over a Tashard Choice or Ray Rice who get drafted by a team where they might compete to start right away.
(~);}

Image

(~);}
The Lung
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9850
(Past Year: 61)
Joined: 2 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Disgusted with Mocha Bean

Re: Who is the #11 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:33 pm

The Lung wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I asked basically out of pure curiosity, because I think in the grand scheme of things, the discussion created in these threads is probably more important than who actually wins the polls.


Agreed 100%. ;-D

After the top 7 or 8, I think your dynasty needs become more of a priority anyway. While you can never have too many RBs, if my QB situation was especially weak in a dynasty league I might take the highest rated rated QB over the #7 or #8 ranked RB.

These polls also serve as a baseline and should change after the NFL Draft. The top 5 shouldn't change dramatically though - I would still take a Rashard Mendenhall or Jonathan Stewart even if they get drafted by a team where they might not be starter for a year or two over a Tashard Choice or Ray Rice who get drafted by a team where they might compete to start right away.


My thoughts exactly ;-D
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 6:54 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact