Wow... TJ? JJ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Seattle Seahawks

Wow... TJ? JJ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Wow... TJ? JJ?

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:53 am

TJ fits well with what we have (had). But the signing of JJ sure looks like Shauns ticket out of Seattle. I was really expecting them to keep him (hoping he comes back strong), draft a RB, and have MoMo as surity. I'd heard rumors about Jones, but never really expected them to sign him. I expected Seattle to go into Holmgrens last year with the old guard and a few new pieces... but not without Shaun.

Then again, Shaun's not gone yet. Any chance we go into 2008 with SA, JJ, TJD, MoMo, and Leonard Weaver??? :-S
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Wow... TJ? JJ?

Postby biju » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:27 am

I posted this in the other forum as well, but here's what I think:

- Leonard Weaver looks like an odd duck right now, but we've always used a FB and I still think he's a great talent. I doubt he goes anywhere. Didn't we just tender him as well?
- TJ Duckett/Maurice Morris makes a poor man's version of Marion Barber with a short yardage beast and a good pass-catching back with burst. All we needed was someone like...
- Julius Jones will eat up 1st and 2nd downs and possibly give up a series to Morris if he needs the rest. I liked Jones a lot when he was the man in Dallas back in like late 2004 and early 2005. If he didn't get injured he might still be down there and we would have never heard of Marion Barber.
- Shaun Alexander holds most of the Seattle's rushing records and has been a great person within the community and a generally magnificent person on and off the field. It's really too bad he didn't have at least one more productive season with the big contract so he doesn't leave this taste of being soft merely because he landed the fat contract. He's likely leaving Seattle and we'll always remember the great run he had here, and his records are expected to hold up for some time. Thanks for the memories Shaun!!!

I think the new lineup could work. We just need Julius Jones to stay healthy, as he had a couple concussions in the beginning of last year and has injured himself in the past. I really do think it would serve Seattle to give Julius Jones a real shot at carrying the load since he tends to have his best games when he has 20+ carries...something he hasn't been allowed to do in a few years.

I'm crossing my fingers on this one...
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Seattle Seahawks