My Daytona 500 Pics - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

My Daytona 500 Pics

Moderator: Football Moderators

My Daytona 500 Pics

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:33 am

I posted this in the Racing Forum, but since it gets so little traffic I'm posting it here too. ;-D

I'm not a huge NASCAR fan but a friend of mine had an extra ticket & I couldn't turn down the chance to see a race. What better than the 50th Daytona 500! It was a blast and I'd go again for sure. ;-D

Enjoy!

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: My Daytona 500 Pics

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:34 am

Cool! Looks like you had pretty nice seats with a good view of the track.

I was expecting more pictures of NASCAR chicks in tube tops though. :-D
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:20 am

Those are awesome man. I was never a huge racing fan, but last year went to 3 races here in Texas and just loved it. I was fortunate enough to have a friend that had pit passes and could get down there and mingle with the drivers and crews it was just a blast. I am pretty hooked now. Daytona was some race too. I was bummed Tony couldn't pull it out though...
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:01 pm

Those are great pics. Except the one of the guy's arm who has Leporacy. :-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:35 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Those are great pics. Except the one of the guy's arm who has Leporacy. :-D

Haha...I noticed that too. "What the hell is wrong with that guy's arm..."

A bruise perhaps? Birth mark?
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Metroid » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:56 pm

Right on man, cool pics. B-)

I still just don't get the fascination people have with watching cars drive in a circle for hours and hours, but to each his own I guess. It's probably like a lot of things, you have to experience it to understand it....I dunno. I've always thought NASCAR was kinda wasteful. :-?

Glad you had a good time though flots. ;-D

Oh and that 50's "Midnight Moon" car is sweet! B-)
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:01 pm

Thanks! ;-D

I'm still not "hooked" like Swiper said, but I look at it a little differently now. I'd go again for sure. Next time I'd get the Fanzone passes that allow you on the track before the race. They cost an extra $90, but by the time I knew I was going they were sold out and going for $200 or more. If I go next year I'll get my ticket & fanzone pass early. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:42 pm

Metroid wrote:Right on man, cool pics. B-)

I still just don't get the fascination people have with watching cars drive in a circle for hours and hours, but to each his own I guess. It's probably like a lot of things, you have to experience it to understand it....I dunno. I've always thought NASCAR was kinda wasteful. :-?

You need to see the party to truly appreciate it. It's one of the biggest and best you can ever go to... ;-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:56 pm

Looks like we have a few potential converts waiting to take the plunge in to full-blown fandom. :-D

I love it. Bristol is great if you ever get an opportunity to go there but Daytona is king as well. Glad you enjoyed yourself. Nice pics. The one track I want to go to above all is Darlington. That is one bad track. I'm anxious to see what the resurfacing will do to the racing. That track had a surface similar to cheese graters. I hope the new pavement doesn't ruin the racing.

I'm really hoping Kentucky Speedway gets a date soon. It's a fun little short track that thinks it's a mile-and-a-half'er. It's pretty similar to Richmond. It would be much better than those boring Cali races. :-P
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 pm

Sweet pics. I'm trying to watch it more this year. I want to go to a race. I think that'll get me into it. ;-D
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Next

Return to General Talk