Larry Fitzgerald Sucks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Larry Fitzgerald Sucks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Larry Fitzgerald Sucks

Postby Axl's Army » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:18 pm

Errr - Larry Fitzgerald doesn't suck but he is very average when Matt Leinart is his QB.

Check it out.

In 13 games with Leinart, Fitz only AVGs 7.8 points per game. (no ppr, std scoring)

In 25 games with Kurt Warner Fitz AVGs 12.3points per game. (no ppr, std scoring)

My friends, Fitzgerald is 58% more productive fantasy wise when Warner is his signal caller than when Leinart is. Thank Goodness Leinart has been promised the starting job, huh. See told you Larry Fitzgerald Sucks - errr not really, but so far he hasn't been able to live up to his potential when Leinart is his QB.

Yo Mama is so fat . . .
Axl's Army
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Larry Fitzgerald Sucks

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:25 pm

I've said it multiple times here at the Cafe, Leinart distributes the ball more evenly between Fitz and Boldin than Warner. I don't know the exact stats (and even the ones you provided seem a little skewed somehow), but Boldin will be better value come fantasy drafts next year than Fitz -- that's for sure.
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheDiplomats » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:04 pm

LoveBoatCaptain wrote:I've said it multiple times here at the Cafe, Leinart distributes the ball more evenly between Fitz and Boldin than Warner. I don't know the exact stats (and even the ones you provided seem a little skewed somehow), but Boldin will be better value come fantasy drafts next year than Fitz -- that's for sure.

That's not true. Boldin is also much more productive when Warner is the starter. From a fantasy standpoint, Kurt Warner is the guy you want slinging the rock around in the desert. Maybe Leinart will turn the corner this year, but who knows.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:45 pm

Leinhart is a pretty boy.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:54 am

FantasyMan13 wrote:Leinhart is a pretty boy.

Nothing pretty about his passing...
:-°
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Humpback » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:58 am

TheDiplomats wrote:
LoveBoatCaptain wrote:I've said it multiple times here at the Cafe, Leinart distributes the ball more evenly between Fitz and Boldin than Warner. I don't know the exact stats (and even the ones you provided seem a little skewed somehow), but Boldin will be better value come fantasy drafts next year than Fitz -- that's for sure.

That's not true. Boldin is also much more productive when Warner is the starter. From a fantasy standpoint, Kurt Warner is the guy you want slinging the rock around in the desert. Maybe Leinart will turn the corner this year, but who knows.

Exactly- Warner makes the team much better overall from a FF standpoint than Leinart right now. We really haven't seen enough of Leinart yet to say he's developed a strong preference to throw to one WR or the other, plus most of his starts came in his rookie season. We probably won't even figure it out this season, since it looks like we might be seeing both QBs a decent amount again.

Axl- how did you calculate those numbers? You do realize that there were several games where both QBs played, right? Do you just count the guy who started for those? How do you factor Fitz's stats in games where Boldin didn't play, because that changes things a lot as well?

The title's kind of misleading anyway- wouldn't it be better to say "Leinart sucks", if anything? The Cards put up more stats overall when Warner's in than when Leinart's in.

As for who's the better FF value, it's impossible to say one or the other until we see where they're drafted. I think Fitz will (and should) get drafted a little earlier than Boldin, and my guess is he'll slightly outperform him.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Metroid » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:15 am

Ehhh shouldn't the title read Matt Leinart sucks?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Axl's Army » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:19 am

Metroid wrote:Ehhh shouldn't the title read Matt Leinart sucks?

Would you have clicked on it if it did? exactly.

Yo Mama is so fat . . .
Axl's Army
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Axl's Army » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:21 am

Humpback wrote:
TheDiplomats wrote:

Exactly- Warner makes the team much better overall from a FF standpoint than Leinart right now. We really haven't seen enough of Leinart yet to say he's developed a strong preference to throw to one WR or the other, plus most of his starts came in his rookie season. We probably won't even figure it out this season, since it looks like we might be seeing both QBs a decent amount again.

Axl- how did you calculate those numbers? You do realize that there were several games where both QBs played, right? Do you just count the guy who started for those? How do you factor Fitz's stats in games where Boldin didn't play, because that changes things a lot as well?

The title's kind of misleading anyway- wouldn't it be better to say "Leinart sucks", if anything? The Cards put up more stats overall when Warner's in than when Leinart's in.

As for who's the better FF value, it's impossible to say one or the other until we see where they're drafted. I think Fitz will (and should) get drafted a little earlier than Boldin, and my guess is he'll slightly outperform him.

I took all of this into consideration. It only counts games when one or the other started. I go back to 2005 with Warner. I will provide you info to back up the stats when I get home from work tonight. I can also show the Boldin numbers too. Talk to you all later!

Yo Mama is so fat . . .
Axl's Army
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Metroid » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:42 am

Axl's Army wrote:
Metroid wrote:Ehhh shouldn't the title read Matt Leinart sucks?

Would you have clicked on it if it did? exactly.

Actually yeah I would have, don't underestimate your audience. ;-)
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk