Larry Fitzgerald Sucks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Larry Fitzgerald Sucks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Larry Fitzgerald Sucks

Postby BlueBandit24 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:04 pm

Leinart has only thrown 489 career passes, not even a season's worth, so I am not ready to draw any conclusions from raw numbers thus far. The Cardinals passing offense has certainly been much more potent with Warner at the helm the past two seasons but Leinart's entering his 3rd year and should in theory improve.

Also, is this taking into account the games Fitz missed in 2006? In the games down the stretch where he was healthy and Leinart was playing QB, his numbers were pretty solid:

vs. Dallas-6 rec, 80 yards
vs. Detroit-2 rec, 30 yards
@ Minnesota-11 rec, 172 yards
@ St. Louis-5 rec, 46 yards, TD
vs. Seattle-7 rec, 79 yards, TD
vs. Denver-5 rec, 77 yards
@ San Francisco-4 rec, 93 yards, TD
@ San Diego-4 rec, 33 yards, TD

Not eye-popping numbers but certainly quality numbers from your #1 WR. Last year in the games that Leinart played he did not score but still averaged 78 yards a game, a stretch that included a 20 yard clunker. Leinart actually had more success throwing to Fitz than he did Boldin during his rookie year, which would seemingly go against what one would think. Again, not enough of a sample size to say that he prefers Fitz, but I think Fitzgerald's production will be fine no matter who is under center.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Axl's Army » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:00 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:Leinart has only thrown 489 career passes, not even a season's worth, so I am not ready to draw any conclusions from raw numbers thus far. The Cardinals passing offense has certainly been much more potent with Warner at the helm the past two seasons but Leinart's entering his 3rd year and should in theory improve.

Also, is this taking into account the games Fitz missed in 2006? In the games down the stretch where he was healthy and Leinart was playing QB, his numbers were pretty solid:

vs. Dallas-6 rec, 80 yards
vs. Detroit-2 rec, 30 yards
@ Minnesota-11 rec, 172 yards
@ St. Louis-5 rec, 46 yards, TD
vs. Seattle-7 rec, 79 yards, TD
vs. Denver-5 rec, 77 yards
@ San Francisco-4 rec, 93 yards, TD
@ San Diego-4 rec, 33 yards, TD

Not eye-popping numbers but certainly quality numbers from your #1 WR. Last year in the games that Leinart played he did not score but still averaged 78 yards a game, a stretch that included a 20 yard clunker. Leinart actually had more success throwing to Fitz than he did Boldin during his rookie year, which would seemingly go against what one would think. Again, not enough of a sample size to say that he prefers Fitz, but I think Fitzgerald's production will be fine no matter who is under center.

Thanks. I failed to consider the games Fitzgerald missed when he was injured in '06. A revision of the stats is as follows:

Fitz with Leinart avg 8.5 points per game (in 11 career games)
Fitz with Warner remains the same at 12.3 points per game. (in 25 career games)

Thanks for pointing out that Fitz missed some time in 2006. Nonetheless, in the games that Leinart is his QB, he still scores 44% more points when Warner is his QB. Obviously this doesn't represent the end all, be all for his rapport with Leinart since they both are still very young in their careers. What it does do though is bring to light that Fitz should have LESS value if Leinart is his QB & MORE value if a veteran signal caller is his QB. If YOU believe that Leinart will blossom into a veteran QB this year than draft Fitz where he is going to go according to Average Draft Position. If you believe Leinart will continue to go through growing pains than let an opponent in your league draft him.

Yo Mama is so fat . . .
Axl's Army
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:23 pm

Metroid wrote:Ehhh shouldn't the title read Matt Leinart sucks?

What I was thinkin...

:-?
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Metroid » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:04 am

FantasyMan13 wrote:

What I was thinkin...

But then you wouldn't have clicked it or something. ;-7 :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:32 am

I'm not positive about numbers, but I think Leinart favored Boldin a lot more last year. IIRC Fitz's numbers took a big leap when Boldin went down and Fitz became the only guy that Leinart looked to.

Or maybe Warner likes Boldin more. I know that one of the qb's def throws to Boldin more.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:27 am

Metroid wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:

What I was thinkin...

But then you wouldn't have clicked it or something. ;-7 :-b

:-b

Fitz is one of the worst WRs in the league. I might even take Randy over him...

FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby treat24 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:50 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:Fitz is one of the worst WRs in the league. I might even take Randy over him...

that made me chuckle :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby tjs7 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:31 am

I just wonder how long a bad team like Arizona can keep playing bad and retain those elite WR's it has. I would also like to see Leinart perform with a better O line.
here to answer questions, criticize opinions with no explanations, and ask my own occasional question.
tjs7
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Kilroy » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:15 am

tjs7 wrote:I just wonder how long a bad team like Arizona can keep playing bad and retain those elite WR's it has. I would also like to see Leinart perform with a better O line.

The O-Line was a far sight better last year than it had been previously. Not great by any stretch of the imagination, but not horrible either, and they're at most only part of the problem.

I live in AZ...see the Cards every week (God help me), and what I've seen of Leinart just doesn't impress me. His footwork's awful, I'm not nuts about his throwing motion, and when trouble comes his decision-making goes straight to h**l. I know Whisenhunt already said he's the starter, but I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if that tune changes and it's Warner taking the first snap under Center on Opening Day. FWIW.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby tjs7 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:22 pm

I wonder if his college team was TOO good, ya know? His O line in college was so good, and so were his WR's, and of course his RB could always bail him out, I wonder if the guy will ever make it. I would not care much if he does not make it. I think he is a sore loser and is too used to winning all his life, time to teach the pretty boy a lesson
here to answer questions, criticize opinions with no explanations, and ask my own occasional question.
tjs7
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk