Jesse Chatman to Jets - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jesse Chatman to Jets

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jesse Chatman to Jets

Postby MrTwo94 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:29 am

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3285826

1 year deal. I was beginning to think Thomas Jones would be a great steal this year. This further drops his draft value, so if he can hold off Chatman, who looked really sharp on a terrible Miami team last year, he'd be a really nice pick for someone who foolishly drafts a QB in the first three rounds. That o-line will be good. If he splits carries, he's worthless, though. Tough call.
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jesse Chatman to Jets

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:30 pm

I like the signing for the Jets as it gives them good depth at the RB position. Also I seriously doubt they draft McFadden if he falls to them at #6.

T.Jones is going to get the bulk of the carries on this team with Leon Washington getting around 10 touches per game not Chatman.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:31 pm

I'm not sure if I understand this from Chatman's perspective, given that he's apt to be buried on the depth chart behind Jones and Washington. Nice signing depth-wise for New York though.

Chatman's got next to no value in Fantasy now (if he had any before) unless something happens in Jets' camp.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:50 pm

I'd like to think this affects the Jets in no way. Or, I'd like to think so for the sake of "J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS!" nation.
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:07 pm

Could McFadden fall to the Patriots? ;-D
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:32 pm

Great signing by the Jets.
[/end sarcasm]

Yeah, what great news. I get home from school and find out that I doubt I'm getting my Jets tickets for the 2008 season because they raised the prices of tickets and now they assigned parking in the lot. Now I find out that we sign Jesse Chatman? There was no need to sign this guy.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby killiansjmd » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:20 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:I'm not sure if I understand this from Chatman's perspective, given that he's apt to be buried on the depth chart behind Jones and Washington. Nice signing depth-wise for New York though.

Chatman's got next to no value in Fantasy now (if he had any before) unless something happens in Jets' camp.

I didn't really understand it either from a Chatman perspective but I found this in the papers this morning stating why he signed with the Jets:

The Utecht visit comes along with news that the Jets agreed to terms on a one-year contract with Chatman, who signed with the Jets largely because of his familiarity with Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer. Schottenheimer was a coach with the Chargers when Chatman played in San Diego.

Chatman's versatility, an attribute that Eric Mangini loves in his players, is something that attracted the Jets to Chatman, who's a good blocker on blitz pickups, has dependable hands and plays special teams.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:53 pm

killiansjmd wrote:I like the signing for the Jets as it gives them good depth at the RB position. Also I seriously doubt they draft McFadden if he falls to them at #6.

T.Jones is going to get the bulk of the carries on this team with Leon Washington getting around 10 touches per game not Chatman.

Thomas Jones fears the endzone.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk