Larry Fitzgerald Re-Signs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Larry Fitzgerald Re-Signs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Larry Fitgerald Re-Signs

Postby FantasyMan13 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:48 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:Wow, that is a ton of money. They could do so much with that money in other areas of bigger need....

They saved money by giving Fitz a new deal. If they hadn't they would have had to pay him around $32 million over the next two seasons.

I know. I'm saying they'd probably be better off trading him.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Larry Fitgerald Re-Signs

Postby CC » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:27 am

FantasyMan13 wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:Wow, that is a ton of money. They could do so much with that money in other areas of bigger need....

They saved money by giving Fitz a new deal. If they hadn't they would have had to pay him around $32 million over the next two seasons.

I know. I'm saying they'd probably be better off trading him.

The hit that they would take from trading such a highly paid player nullifies the advantage for free agency in the current year. It also doesn't make a lot of sense to trade your best player just because he is getting paid a lot. If you aren't going to give him the dollars, who are you going to spend them on?

I think this is a good deal for both sides. Cardinals get Fitz locked up for 4 more years at a substantially cheaper rate, and Fitz gets more guaranteed money and the opportunity to cash in at the end of his deal when he is 28, in his prime, and likely one of the top 2 or 3 WRs in the league.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Larry Fitzgerald Re-Signs

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:44 am

Very good move by the Cards. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Previous

Return to Football Talk