Need car help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Need car help

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need car help

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:04 am

Well lately I've been lookin for a new car. I don't know a ton about them but I know some, and am trying to learn as much as I can. What I'm looking for is what most teens want, a sports car with a powerful engine for as cheap as possible. Suggestions?
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need car help

Postby Metroid » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:00 am

FantasyMan13 wrote:Well lately I've been lookin for a new car. I don't know a ton about them but I know some, and am trying to learn as much as I can. What I'm looking for is what most teens want, a sports car with a powerful engine for as cheap as possible. Suggestions?

Hyundai Tiburon. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Dolfin99 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:22 am

I would also look at the insurance cost. Since you are a teen looking for a sports car, I am sure the insurance cost will be through the roof. Keep in mind that red vehicles and 2 tone vehicles will cost more for insurance. ;-D
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:28 am

I used to have a 93 Z28 that ran 13.9's in the quarter with a K&N CAI and gear (3:73's). It was an automatic and it Owned most mustangs it ran up against. Just about any year GT, Cobras up to 2001, 5-slows, you name it. When I ran into something a bit over my head. NO PROBLEM! I had a 175 shot of nitrous that brought the quarter down to the low 12's. Hide the noid in the bumper. Run the lines up the CAI and into the throttle body. Better Fuel pump to handle the increase in Fuel. Insulated Gym bag behind the seat with the bottle in it worked well as a bottle heater. Answer: What Nitrous? You Lose!

You can get a 93-95 LT-1 for in the $3000-$4000 range. Add another grand and you can get a LS-1 (98 is the earliest year). They may not sell like the Mustangs but they beat them. Trust me. ;-D

My Z was real cheap on insurance for some reason to.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:39 am

FantasyMan13 wrote:What I'm looking for is what most teens want, a sports car with a powerful engine for as cheap as possible. Suggestions?

Ahh, I remember that feeling like it was yesterday. I so desperately wanted a Camaro or a Firebird (one of those with the 6.9 liter engine). I could have even afforded the gas for it back then since it was barely over a dollar a gallon. Ended up with a Daytona turbo. It was ok. It could keep up with the small 8-cylinder camaros (I think with a 305?)

Are you going to be paying your own insurance, gas, tires, upkeep or are you getting help?
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:29 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:What I'm looking for is what most teens want, a sports car with a powerful engine for as cheap as possible. Suggestions?

Ahh, I remember that feeling like it was yesterday. I so desperately wanted a Camaro or a Firebird (one of those with the 6.9 liter engine). I could have even afforded the gas for it back then since it was barely over a dollar a gallon. Ended up with a Daytona turbo. It was ok. It could keep up with the small 8-cylinder camaros (I think with a 305?)

Are you going to be paying your own insurance, gas, tires, upkeep or are you getting help?

I pay for gas and insurance now, but if I got a new car I'd have to pay for it all over time.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:39 pm

Ah, so gas/insurance/monthly payment is all out of your pocket. Do you have a target price range? Prefer coupe/sedan?

Metroid probly has an Impala to sell ya. I hear he wants to free up a spot in the garage. ;-)
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:52 pm

scottaa1 wrote:Ah, so gas/insurance/monthly payment is all out of your pocket. Do you have a target price range? Prefer coupe/sedan?

Metroid probly has an Impala to sell ya. I hear he wants to free up a spot in the garage. ;-)

:-b

Yeah, price is a concern. I think about $6000-7000 is the most I'd wanna go. Most likely coupe, but could go either way.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:28 pm

You could pick up an older mustang, grand prix, monte carlo, impala, sebring for around that which all have a V-6 or better typically, depends on how old a car you're willing to buy. Narrow down an age range, then search in that range against your $, and see what all is out there.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Metroid » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:31 pm

scottaa1 wrote:Metroid probly has an Impala to sell ya. I hear he wants to free up a spot in the garage. ;-)

Ha....yeah I don't think so. Heres a black SS like mine...just needs some wheels. Or this gorgeous blue convertible. Seriously though do you even wany American muscle? Are you looking for a project or something already done? Your price range kinda puts you in the "project" area. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Next

Return to General Talk