BIJU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Seattle Seahawks

BIJU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

BIJU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:56 pm

What up, dog?

Please tell me WTF the 'Hawks are thinking letting DJ go?
No Deion. We got Nate, Bobby, and Obi-wan-can't-start-me.

I desperately need a little biju analysis before I throw up! :-{
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: BIJU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby SeaWolf » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:27 pm

I'm not thinking good thoughts for this year.

1) Running game was a question mark last year and is no better this year.

2) Our strength last year was the passing game. We lost Hackett forever and Branch until mid to late in the year if at all.

3) We let a division rival take the best FG kicker in the game from us.

With the schedule we have this year, I don't see us continuing the playoff run. Sub .500 this year and hope for a rebound in '09.

Hopefully the draft will fill 2 of those 3 holes. :-o
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:57 pm

For as cheap as Carolina signed DJ, I'm surprised the front office didn't retain the guy. I gotta think they have something up their sleeves...

... I hope! :-o

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:42 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:For as cheap as Carolina signed DJ, I'm surprised the front office didn't retain the guy. I gotta think they have something up their sleeves...

... I hope! :-o

Or pull something out of their.....!

I am really shocked at all the moves this offseason. I just have no idea what Ruskell is doing. I hope he does better than I think he's doing or it's going to be a long season. :-o
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby biju » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:16 am

Damn, I just saw this thread. Sorry for the late response... :-D

I'm a little disappointed we let Hackett go, as I really thought he had the tools to be something special. The fact that he was signed by Carolina for so cheap though really should give everyone some pause. Obviously the Seahawks have good intelligence on the guy. It's also obvious that if Hackett produces anywhere near the way he did during the 6 games he played last year AND stays healthy, he's a steal at that price.

My only thought is that the Seahawks brass believes that...

1) He cannot stay healthy for a full season
2) Because of (1) he is causing more harm than good to the team by...
2a) ruining the continuity of WRs Matt Hasselbeck can rely on
2b) impeding the growth of our #3, #4, and #5 WRs as they cannot get regular reps

Or at least that's what I'm hoping. I still maintain that Seattle's long term goal for signing Charlie Frye is to back up Hasselbeck so Seneca Wallace can be used as a #4 WR. I also think we have to give Obomanu a chance at some point. I'm not really a big fan of Obomanu, but his drops might be attributed to his lack of playing time (2b). (As a side note I read somewhere that Hackett only dropped one "catchable" pass thrown his way last year. Granted, it was only 6 games but that's pretty solid nonetheless.)

As for our hopes this upcoming year, we could be in trouble. We have a fairly tough schedule ahead of us despite people thinking we play in a weak division. The only solace I see here is that we do get the AFC East (although New England is tough and the Bills got better this offseason, I still like our chances with all four teams), that Green Bay lost Brett Favre (and they could fall back into mediocrity), and the Bucs seem to be a very up and down team. But it's going to be a tough road to even 9-7, especially if we have more injury at the WR position like we have had the in our recent past.

My hope is that Holmgren is correct the same way he was with Joe Jurevicius and Darrell Jackson--that Seattle creates great system players and that we aren't hurt as much by Hackett's departure as it may appear. Right now I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic merely because it would have been so cheap to re-sign Hackett and we decided against it. If he were signed for a lot more money I would have actually been a lot more bummed out. That could be a weird reversal of thought and it might just be me justifying the team a little here, but like I said I wish to remain optimistic right now.

:-o
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:31 am

Just came back from vacation...

Good analysis and I hope you're right.
I, too, am comcerned about our schedule. NFC East + New England. 8-o But then, last year looked worse than than it was, too.

I'd still like to see Seattle grab a proven WR, but it's getting thin. Maybe you're right about Wallace and maybe Obomanu can step up.

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Seattle Seahawks