Marinelli: Give me 5-10 more years!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Marinelli: Give me 5-10 more years!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Marinelli: Give me 5-10 more years!!!

Postby moochman » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:34 pm

Coach Rod is even dumber than I thought. Or just plain insulting. In an AP article on MLive @ http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/03/rod_marinelli_i_know_the_type.html Coach NimRod (thanks Dream) Says that the film that was so important in evaluating players now isn't, it's in knowing the player.
Code: Select all
The worst part about free agency is grabbing guys that you don't know," said Marinelli, who came to the Lions after a long stint as a defensive coach in Tampa Bay. "We're trying to fill holes, and you can't afford to miss with free agents. That's why it is so important to have knowledge of the players you are adding."

Translation is simple, effing liar has no clue how to evaluate and motivate players. Look at his projects that he insisted the Lions spend big money on. Kalimba "Rusher" Edwards. Moron saw such great talent there that he insisted we sign him to big money and then motivated him to a terrible season, even by his BS standards. Sean Rogers. Rod couldn't get this guy to buy in but insisted we keep him because he would enable Rodlee's next project to become a superstar. Not Redding For Primetime. Signs to the biggest contract for his position in the game becuase his outside linemen moves fooled enough people in 06. Adjustments were made, Rogers kept despite being the antithesis of a NimRod player, and Redding goes on to have a Kalimba-like season. This idiot has no idea how to acquire talent. Period.
It gets worse as the idiot goes on to insult fans with this gem:
"It might seem crazy, but I'm looking at this team five or 10 years down the road, and it is filled with good young players from the draft," he said. "I'm percolating coffee here. I'm not making instant."

Um, I don't even know where to start with this ignorant statement. We've suffered through 7 years of Millen and two of NimRod while watching numerous other NFL teams rise to playoffs and SB games. Yet this absolute moron is trying to sell us on that he needs 5-10 years to make this team any good. 5-10 more years? There aren't enough old Buc players around to be of any service to you NimRod. That means you will have to find players based on their film. See section one of rant: YOU COULDN'T SMELL TALENT IF IT FARTED IN YOUR FACE!!! So what kind of talent will we have in 5 years of your stuporous leadership? Can't we hire someone with a sense of urgency? Like maybe someone who might want to look at this team now and percolate some coffee, rather than an idiot who just wants to sell us on re-brewed Buc grounds to fill our mugs?
I hate this two-faced clown. He is so full of rhetoric and corn-pon that he reveals just how out of touch he is. Hey Rod, you don't need to perculate your coffee, just send your drunk, naked coach out to Tim Hortons.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Marinelli: Give me 5-10 more years!!!

Postby dream_017 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:17 pm

I don't care if it's Sanka or Folgers Crystals...I just want some coffee NOW!!!!!
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Detroit Lions