Sporting News Draft Magazine - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Sporting News Draft Magazine

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sporting News Draft Magazine

Postby bagobonez » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:24 pm

Anyone picked this piece of garbage up? Their ratings are totally wacky. They have Brian Brohm as the top QB, they have Ryan Clady as the top OT and don't project Jake Long to even be drafted until Round 2. They have Vernon Gholston as like the 6th best DE. Need I say more?
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Re: Sporting News Draft Magazine

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:02 pm

Nope and thanks to you I won't need to.
Image
Image
Cowboys 4 life
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9515
(Past Year: 78)
Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: Sporting News Draft Magazine

Postby FantasyMan13 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:03 pm

I get SN, but I probly wont be renewing it. Aside from a few good college bball writers, its a load of crap, IMO. :-t
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4171
(Past Year: 40)
Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Sporting News Draft Magazine

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:11 pm

Jake Long in the 2nd?

How...

Seriously, did they not research at all?
Image
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 2022
Joined: 6 Oct 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Sporting News Draft Magazine

Postby Axl's Army » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:25 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:I get SN, but I probly wont be renewing it. Aside from a few good college bball writers, its a load of crap, IMO. :-t


The number of eyes/readers using print media is nowhere near what it once was. Therefore, revenue from advertising isn't what it once was. Therefore overhead cannot support the talent to meet your expectations of what was once a well-respected brand in sports, in The Sporting News. This goes for any newspaper. And, it's because places like the cafe we all frequent. And, to be honest, I love being able to get the information I care about from a niche place like the cafe vs having to pour through some rag like SI or SN - sifting through crap I don't care about like tennis, Olympics, etc all to get a one-page write up about fantasy football that's already yesterday's news.
Image

Yo Mama is so fat . . .
Axl's Army
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 565
Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Watching Shonn Greene Make Defenses Look Silly

Re: Sporting News Draft Magazine

Postby FantasyMan13 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:06 am

Axl's Army wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:I get SN, but I probly wont be renewing it. Aside from a few good college bball writers, its a load of crap, IMO. :-t


The number of eyes/readers using print media is nowhere near what it once was. Therefore, revenue from advertising isn't what it once was. Therefore overhead cannot support the talent to meet your expectations of what was once a well-respected brand in sports, in The Sporting News. This goes for any newspaper. And, it's because places like the cafe we all frequent. And, to be honest, I love being able to get the information I care about from a niche place like the cafe vs having to pour through some rag like SI or SN - sifting through crap I don't care about like tennis, Olympics, etc all to get a one-page write up about fantasy football that's already yesterday's news.


Exactly. It is a shame though... :-/
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4171
(Past Year: 40)
Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Sporting News Draft Magazine

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:10 am

Sounds like The Cafe could've done a better job. ;-D
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 81)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Re: Sporting News Draft Magazine

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:29 pm

I'm actually surprised the Cafe hasn't put a magazine into circulation, but I'm sure there are many factors behind the scenes preventing it from doing so. Hopefully that will change soon!
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1527
Joined: 22 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Sporting News Draft Magazine

Postby FantasyMan13 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:28 pm

LoveBoatCaptain wrote:I'm actually surprised the Cafe hasn't put a magazine into circulation, but I'm sure there are many factors behind the scenes preventing it from doing so. Hopefully that will change soon!


I seem to remember a magazine on the internet awhile ago written by some cafer. Anyone else remember this?
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4171
(Past Year: 40)
Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Sporting News Draft Magazine

Postby bagobonez » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:25 pm

LoveBoatCaptain wrote:I'm actually surprised the Cafe hasn't put a magazine into circulation, but I'm sure there are many factors behind the scenes preventing it from doing so. Hopefully that will change soon!


If the cafe ever does decide to publish a mag, I got dibs to write for it! ;-D
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 13:09 hours
(and 44 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact