Sporting News Draft Magazine - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sporting News Draft Magazine

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Sporting News Draft Magazine

Postby FantasyMan13 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:46 pm

bagobonez wrote:
LoveBoatCaptain wrote:I'm actually surprised the Cafe hasn't put a magazine into circulation, but I'm sure there are many factors behind the scenes preventing it from doing so. Hopefully that will change soon!

If the cafe ever does decide to publish a mag, I got dibs to write for it! ;-D

X2. That would be awessommee!!! ;-D ;-D
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:42 am

Whoa! Quoted three times in a row! Better say something outrageous to keep the streak going...

haha... made you look. O:-)
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby gersh71 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:25 am

use your own info. Its better that way.
When nobody has your back, you gotta MOVE your back.
gersh71
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby bagobonez » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:42 am

gersh71 wrote:use your own info. Its better that way.

Well that'd be great except most of us don't have time to take a little vacation up to Indianapolis to attend the combine or study game film on the prospects. We gotta get our info from somewhere, just not TSN.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Metroid » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:27 am

bagobonez wrote:

Well that'd be great except most of us don't have time to take a little vacation up to Indianapolis to attend the combine or study game film on the prospects. We gotta get our info from somewhere, just not TSN.

Yeah what the heck are you talking about? Use your own info? You got some secret source or something? I bet you get your own info the same way the rest of us do: Magazines, TV, Radio, Newspapers, and Websites....thats how everybody that plays fantasy football gets their info.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby onnestabe » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:15 pm

Metroid wrote:
bagobonez wrote:

Yeah what the heck are you talking about? Use your own info? You got some secret source or something? I bet you get your own info the same way the rest of us do: Magazines, TV, Radio, Newspapers, and Websites....thats how everybody that plays fantasy football gets their info.

Maybe not Chris Cooley... :-D
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby FantasyMan13 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:06 pm

I dont know what you guys are talkin about: I tape every college game, divisions 1-38, every year and study them until my pocket protector falls off.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby stomperrob » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:52 am

Someone def screwed up - they list Jake Long under 2nd round picks, but then in comments under his name state that he is a first round lock!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby bagobonez » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:22 pm

stomperrob wrote:Someone def screwed up - they list Jake Long under 2nd round picks, but then in comments under his name state that he is a first round lock!

Maybe they meant he's only a 2nd round talent but will be drafted in round 1 due to team need. But even if that's what they meant it's still ludicrous. Who knows... the whole mag is incompetent. There's another mag out though, can't remember the name of it, it's not a big publisher like ESPN or TSN or Pro Football Weekly, It was some no-namer magazine that had the word SCOUT on the front though. I glanced through it, it seemed like a much better read than TSN's garbage.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby stomperrob » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:50 pm

bagobonez wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Someone def screwed up - they list Jake Long under 2nd round picks, but then in comments under his name state that he is a first round lock!

Maybe they meant he's only a 2nd round talent but will be drafted in round 1 due to team need. But even if that's what they meant it's still ludicrous. Who knows... the whole mag is incompetent. There's another mag out though, can't remember the name of it, it's not a big publisher like ESPN or TSN or Pro Football Weekly, It was some no-namer magazine that had the word SCOUT on the front though. I glanced through it, it seemed like a much better read than TSN's garbage.

Yeh, def something wrong seeing as most experts have him as a top 10 pick, if not top 5 - TSN def going downhill. Of course I am a little biased as evidenced by my avatar & sig, lol!!!
I saw another mag in the store, like you also a no-name one, and their rankings seemed decent but the thing I didn't like was they only had a one-line comment on each player - nice to have a little more analysis, especially for players I didn't get to see play.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk