Branden Ore dismissed from VA Tech - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to College Football

Branden Ore dismissed from VA Tech

Moderator: Football Moderators

Branden Ore dismissed from VA Tech

Postby knapplc » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:56 pm

ESPN is reporting this. No solid word on why so far, Beamer just said he's being lackadaisical and not committed to the team. That describes about half the guys in the country in his age group, so methinks there may be something more to this story.

Link
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Re: Branden Ore dismissed from VA Tech

Postby ShoelessJoe » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:24 am

I saw the same thing and was also intrigued. Here's a bit from an SI article I found...

In January, a federal jury convicted one of Ore's friends of possessing crack cocaine with intent to distribute. Prosecutors subpoenaed Ore, who was riding in a car with Tony Majette of Christiansburg in June 2006 when police stopped them and found two bags of drugs in the car. Ore was not charged.


http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/f ... index.html

I can't really find anything beyond that though. This seems fishy... there's gotta be something else going on here that we're not aware of.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach


Posts: 1621
Joined: 1 Oct 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gainesville, FL

Re: Branden Ore dismissed from VA Tech

Postby KCollins1304 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:51 am

I think he's just an all around bad apple, a troublemaker that isn't worth his keep. I'm sure more will come out about this instance. If I had to guess... not showing up for spring workouts, not going to study halls, bad grades, bad attitude... one or more of those. We will still be good enough at RB with Kenny Lewis, Jr.
Image
KCollins1304
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 188
Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Branden Ore dismissed from VA Tech

Postby knapplc » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:10 am

KCollins1304 wrote:We will still be good enough at RB with Kenny Lewis, Jr.

I read on a Husker message board that you guys have plenty of good RB, besides Lewis. So I doubt losing Ore, good as he was, is going to hurt.

Still, none of that will help when your boys visit Lincoln this Fall. }:-) }:-)
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Re: Branden Ore dismissed from VA Tech

Postby Metroid » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:36 am

Oregon has a history of taking "bad apples" and turning them into decent players. Come on up to the Northwest Branden, you can back up JJ next season. :-D ;-D
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: Branden Ore dismissed from VA Tech

Postby KCollins1304 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:02 am

Metroid wrote:Oregon has a history of taking "bad apples" and turning them into decent players. Come on up to the Northwest Branden, you can back up JJ next season. :-D ;-D


He already got in trouble with crack cocaine... the northwest might not be the best place for him. :-b I would imagine he is gonna declare for the NFL draft.
Image
KCollins1304
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 188
Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Branden Ore dismissed from VA Tech

Postby KCollins1304 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:03 am

knapplc wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:We will still be good enough at RB with Kenny Lewis, Jr.

I read on a Husker message board that you guys have plenty of good RB, besides Lewis. So I doubt losing Ore, good as he was, is going to hurt.

Still, none of that will help when your boys visit Lincoln this Fall. }:-) }:-)


They redshirted two guys last year and signed another top RB for this coming season. Obviously, there is enough talent that Ore wasn't worth the headache. :-°
Image
KCollins1304
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 188
Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Branden Ore dismissed from VA Tech

Postby Metroid » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:08 am

KCollins1304 wrote:
Metroid wrote:Oregon has a history of taking "bad apples" and turning them into decent players. Come on up to the Northwest Branden, you can back up JJ next season. :-D ;-D


He already got in trouble with crack cocaine... the northwest might not be the best place for him. :-b I would imagine he is gonna declare for the NFL draft.

LOL good point. :-b
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: Branden Ore dismissed from VA Tech

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:39 pm

dang, he should have done whatever it was earlier so he could have gone to the combine to get ready for the draft
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Re: Branden Ore dismissed from VA Tech

Postby Metroid » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:17 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:dang, he should have done whatever it was earlier so he could have gone to the combine to get ready for the draft

What...the crack smoking? :-b
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Next

Return to College Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 14:04 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact