WWE-Anyone a Fan? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

WWE-Anyone a Fan?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: WWE-Anyone a Fan?

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:45 pm

Daddymike59 wrote:What's in Kanes Bag? And how about Beth Phoenix beating Santino!!

Meh. Kane's bag is going to contain something really dumb, a demon or something...Santino is just there for comic relief it seems.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:18 am

Daddymike59 wrote:What's in Kanes Bag? And how about Beth Phoenix beating Santino!!

Dunno about the bag, but it would appear that his "father" Paul Bearer is who he's asking about. Could be a very interesting storyline if they play it out right. ;-D

As to Beth, my first thought was that it was a shot at TNA wrestling. Spike TV doesn't allow men to strike women (even accidentally or scripted - TNA is trying to get an exception from that rule), meaning TNA couldn't do such a match even though Awesome Kong dwarfs Beth along with several of the guys. Also gives Beth even more of a push as to how strong/big/etc. she is.

As to Punk's finisher, he really did (not storyline) break Snitsky's nose a couple of weeks ago when he beat Snitsky with the move.

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:15 am

Awesome Kong actually looks like a Gorilla. She's a beast. :-b
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:40 am

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:Awesome Kong actually looks like a Gorilla. She's a beast. :-b

She's nasty. :*)
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:48 am

Just give the belt to Batista already. Geez. There's no way Punk beats Batista (or any real heavyweight) straight up, so give the heavyweight championship to a heavyweight and let Punk go after the Intercontenintal or U.S. belt or something. :-° Not even a Batista fan really, just annoyed that a middleweight is desperately holding on to the heavyweight belt and managed to hang on this long when he's clearly overmatched. :-b

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:14 pm

Madison wrote:Just give the belt to Batista already. Geez. There's no way Punk beats Batista (or any real heavyweight) straight up, so give the heavyweight championship to a heavyweight and let Punk go after the Intercontenintal or U.S. belt or something. :-° Not even a Batista fan really, just annoyed that a middleweight is desperately holding on to the heavyweight belt and managed to hang on this long when he's clearly overmatched. :-b

I'm tired of this JBL (square) vs Cena (cool) angle. They even added a couple "thugs" into Cena's corner to make him even MORE "cool". No great angles going on at the moment.

I'm surprised Punk hasn't lost the title yet. To be honest, I thought he was going to lose it against JBL the first night. Although he hasn't really won a match yet, it's all interference. He'll lose it at SummerSlam.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:42 pm

Madison wrote:Just give the belt to Batista already. Geez. There's no way Punk beats Batista (or any real heavyweight) straight up, so give the heavyweight championship to a heavyweight and let Punk go after the Intercontenintal or U.S. belt or something. :-° Not even a Batista fan really, just annoyed that a middleweight is desperately holding on to the heavyweight belt and managed to hang on this long when he's clearly overmatched. :-b

I think Punk's a better fit for TNA. Most WWE fans are used to heavyweights like Batista with little to no moveset or ring psychology playing main event roles because of Vinnie Mac's warped obsession with 7 foot 500 pounders. Like I always say, WWE has nothing, absolutely nothing on ROH and Japan. B-)
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:27 pm

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:I'm tired of this JBL (square) vs Cena (cool) angle. They even added a couple "thugs" into Cena's corner to make him even MORE "cool". No great angles going on at the moment.

Don't ask me why, but I like Cryme Time. :-b Agreed that Cena has gone stale though. A good heel turn would be awesome and about the only thing I can think of to revive his character. Which means they probably wouldn't do it. :-b

The Artful Dodger wrote:I think Punk's a better fit for TNA. Most WWE fans are used to heavyweights like Batista with little to no moveset or ring psychology playing main event roles because of Vinnie Mac's warped obsession with 7 foot 500 pounders. Like I always say, WWE has nothing, absolutely nothing on ROH and Japan. B-)

Agreed, Punk would fit in better over at TNA. ;-D

I can't speak for "most WWE fans", but for me it is simply if you stand the two (Punk/Batista) nose-to-nose, there's just no way Punk wins in a fight. Zero chance. So he's not credible in my eyes, and certainly not a heavyweight champion. And that's nothing against Punk, he's quite talented and would be just fine as a U.S. Champion or something. He's just too small to be a heavyweight champ.

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:27 pm

Madison wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:I think Punk's a better fit for TNA. Most WWE fans are used to heavyweights like Batista with little to no moveset or ring psychology playing main event roles because of Vinnie Mac's warped obsession with 7 foot 500 pounders. Like I always say, WWE has nothing, absolutely nothing on ROH and Japan. B-)

Agreed, Punk would fit in better over at TNA. ;-D

I can't speak for "most WWE fans", but for me it is simply if you stand the two (Punk/Batista) nose-to-nose, there's just no way Punk wins in a fight. Zero chance. So he's not credible in my eyes, and certainly not a heavyweight champion. And that's nothing against Punk, he's quite talented and would be just fine as a U.S. Champion or something. He's just too small to be a heavyweight champ.

True, but that doesn't necessarily mean they can't make it believable that Punk can beat Batista. For example, when Samoa Joe had a best of three series against CM Punk in ROH. Joe weighs about the same as Batista albeit the latter being taller and well, more built, but the ring psychology for each Punk/Joe match was sensational and fairly true to form (i.e. Punk concentrating on kicking Joe's legs to knock him off balance). Granted, each of those matches had a 60 minute time limit in mind, they told a good story and I'm sure such a story could compute with Punk and Batista in WWE.

However, I'd say Punk is a better fit in TNA because he's not quite as credible in the ring if he didn't get his stiff spots in. Same thing goes for Bryan Danielson because his submission work on a much bigger athlete might be perceived as too incredible in the WWE.
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:30 pm

Madison wrote:
Canucks_Fantasy wrote:I'm tired of this JBL (square) vs Cena (cool) angle. They even added a couple "thugs" into Cena's corner to make him even MORE "cool". No great angles going on at the moment.

Don't ask me why, but I like Cryme Time. :-b Agreed that Cena has gone stale though. A good heel turn would be awesome and about the only thing I can think of to revive his character. Which means they probably wouldn't do it. :-b[/quote]

For the foreseeable future, I can't see Cena turning heel given that he's still moderately marketable even if he never reaches "Rock status".

I happened to catch JBL/Cena's Great American Bash match (didn't see PPV) and I'm not sure what the obsession is with Cena and JBL with cars lately. :-D
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk