WWE-Anyone a Fan? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

WWE-Anyone a Fan?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: WWE-Anyone a Fan?

Postby Madison » Fri May 23, 2008 1:11 am

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:Have Undertaker bury her alive or something (kayfabe obviously). It would be a good story line. :-B

Have 'Taker "kill her" like they did with Mohammad Hassan? :-b That would be too funny, but they won't do that. All I want is her off my TV. :~(

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:30 pm

So what are they going to do with 'Taker now? Have him come back as his old character? :-b
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:13 am

3 hour draft show was one of the best shows I've seen in awhile. ;-D

Batista/Edge bump was just sick! 8-o Curious to see just how bad it was, but no one's got an update just yet.

Lots and lots of big moving and shaking, so it should be interesting for awhile.

I'll say the McMahon thing was scripted, but he did call Triple-H "Paul" (Paul being Triple-H's real name), so I'm only about 95% sure it was scripted.

Anyone else watch? :-)

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:27 am

I did haha, I missed the very end McMahon sequence...what happened? I read about it on WWE but it seemed odd.

Pretty sure the headbutt was fake...

They stacked the RAW roster, even with the transfer of HHH.

ECW got shafted. :-D

I was most shocked about the transfer of JR to SmackDown. Raw won't seem right...

On another note, what's up with the Undertaker? Semi-retirement? :-D
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Madison » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:16 pm

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:I did haha, I missed the very end McMahon sequence...what happened? I read about it on WWE but it seemed odd.

Pretty sure the headbutt was fake...

They stacked the RAW roster, even with the transfer of HHH.

ECW got shafted. :-D

I was most shocked about the transfer of JR to SmackDown. Raw won't seem right...

On another note, what's up with the Undertaker? Semi-retirement? :-D

Some sort of electrical malfunction that caused part of the stage to crash down on him. Guessing scripted, but haven't checked the latest updates today yet.

The headbutt was real, very real. Not sure who screwed up, but I promise someone got into trouble for that one. Might see something really interesting on Sunday's pay-per-view since those two have to fight. If one or the other is ticked off (which wouldn't surprise me at all), it could be a very stiff match with some real shots in it.

Thought it was pretty odd ECW ended up with the U.S. Title. Losing Punk wasn't huge, but surprising they lost Kane. A little disappointed about that actually, Kane was finally getting some recognition for all his hard work. Now he's on RAW and I'm not sure they'll push him like they did on ECW.

JR didn't seem happy, neither did Michael Cole for that matter. Cole pointed out he had announced every single Smackdown show other than 2 since Smackdown started up 10 years ago. I do think the Foley/JR combo could work really well though.

Rumor going around is 'Taker will "interrupt" the Edge/Vicky marriage. B-)

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:32 pm

Not surprised at the CM Punk/Kofi Kingston push. CM Punk took longer than I expected but they really decided to shove Kingston into the fan's faces. Not surprising as he has the "fan favorite" type of attitutde. After the Kane "flip out" it seems like he'll have a more predominant role on Raw. I'm semi peeved at the inability of JBL to "win" a match. I don't see why he came out of retirment to be a "semi-contender" and he's almost assured a loss against Cena. I'm also semi annoyed at the lack of a push for Santion Morella in terms of actual wrestling, he's getting a lot of air time but he nevers seems to be in any quality matches. Is he still being trained? I know he was a MMA fighter, so he's obviously able to preform...

Also, I was channel surfing and stumbled upon ECW. They seem to have attempted to carbon copy AJ Styles. He looks exactly the same...They also have the same style.

I see he was on TNA previously, but it seems like they're trying to copy the Styles gimmick. Now if they could only copy the "Canadian Destroyer", awesome...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YBs3I8kDuw
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:47 pm

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:Also, I was channel surfing and stumbled upon ECW. They seem to have attempted to carbon copy AJ Styles. He looks exactly the same...They also have the same style.

Oh, you mean Matt Sydal? He's a good high energy worker with an aerialist repertoire but is more of a mid-carder type even in Ring of Honor. I think Sydal's geared more for Dragon Gate where the wrestling is at a furious pace. Speaking of which, you should check out Dragon Gate especially their six-man tag team matches. Unreal stuff. You can search some of their matches off Youtube, but you should buy Ring Of Honor's Supercard of Honor II 2006 DVD just for the Blood Generation vs. Do FIXER match. ;-D

I see your Petey Williams and I raise you Dragon Kid.
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:09 am

I'm aware that many of the wrestling aficionados believe the Canadian Destroyer to be an overrated piece. I just don't find it fair to compare Japanese wrestling with American wrestling, they're both so different.

I also noticed that CM Punk's GO 2 SLEEP finisher was/is already being used by a Japanese Wrestler. Under the same name...

Real creative. :-b
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:29 am

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:I'm aware that many of the wrestling aficionados believe the Canadian Destroyer to be an overrated piece. I just don't find it fair to compare Japanese wrestling with American wrestling, they're both so different.

Well, I wasn't angling for a comparison between Puroresu (Japanese wrestling) with American wrestling. Just to say that Petey Williams and Matt Sydal are fantastic but not the living end either. :-b

For what it's worth, I am a big Puroresu fan from FMW and All-Japan Pro Wrestling to Dragon Gate and Pro Wrestling NOAH today. I tend to like my wrestling stiffer than what you'll find on WWE and the matches run longer than they would here.

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:I also noticed that CM Punk's GO 2 SLEEP finisher was/is already being used by a Japanese Wrestler. Under the same name...

Real creative. :-b

Yes, Go 2 Sleep is KENTA's finishing move. CM Punk used to have the Pepsi Plunge as his finishing maneuver in Ring of Honor but it's a dangerous move by WWE standards and truly it is.
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Daddymike59 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:34 am

What's in Kanes Bag? And how about Beth Phoenix beating Santino!!

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk