NFL trying to ban long hair - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

NFL trying to ban long hair

Moderator: Football Moderators

NFL trying to ban long hair

Postby FantasyMan13 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:04 pm

Cant find a link anywhere, but the NFL is trying to ban hair from covering the name on players jerseys.

IMO, this is indescribably dumb and a huge waste of time... :-t :-t
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: NFL trying to ban long hair

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:03 pm

Yea I heard it on ESPN too. It is dumb, but this is what the NFL does.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The_One » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:19 pm

Why are they even doing this, I mean do they think having long hair makes you gang related/thuggish.. :-t
The_One
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TGM » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:37 pm

No, what I heard (on the NFL Network) was the owners would discuss it at the owners meetings. And, that if the decision was to outlaw long hair (hair the extended down beyond the name on the back of the jersey), it would be for safety reasons. They showed the play where Polamlu (sp?)got pulled down from behind by his hair as they ran the story. Not sure the owners are really that concerned about the players as much as they are the league image. But, that's what was reported.
TGM
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:47 pm

We need the NFL to be more like the NBA. Players on the bench should all be wearing suits when they are not playing. Except for studs like Peyton and Tom, they should be wearing suits even when they play.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:29 pm

I hate when people compare Brady to Manning. %-6

But anyway, if the players don't care if they're tackled by their hair, I have no problem with them having it. I guess just put something into contracts.
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:41 pm

If they ban long hair...thats just stupid. If they make players tuck their hair up in their helmet for safety reasons I can see that. Actually either way it seems pretty stupid. If a guy is dumb enough to go out on the football with basically a long leash hanging off the back of their head...well I've got little sympathy for them. I actually giggled like a school girl when I saw this. But I'm a Browns fan though so what do you expect. :-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby snixx79 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:24 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:We need the NFL to be more like the NBA. Players on the bench should all be wearing suits when they are not playing. Except for studs like Peyton and Tom, they should be wearing suits even when they play.

LMFAO! Yup. Tom Brady is the classiest "baby mama drama" maker the world has ever seen.

In any case....this is the most horrifically useless rule I have ever seen attempted to be made legit. It's hair.....moving on......
snixx79
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 7)

Postby aaawall91 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:56 pm

If a player who has long hair and gets pulled down on it, the player who has the long hair probably realizes the danger in which that brings them, and are probably okay with that as long as the NFL does its part in reprimanding the dirty play.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby biju » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:33 pm

aaawall91 wrote:If a player who has long hair and gets pulled down on it, the player who has the long hair probably realizes the danger in which that brings them, and are probably okay with that as long as the NFL does its part in reprimanding the dirty play.

But it's not a dirty play. The hair is an extension of the body and can be used to make a tackle. I think if a player like Polamalu wants to look like Cher with a helmet on it should be fine, just don't be pissed when people take you down with it because you should be aware of the rules.

For the record, the LJ tackle was completely legal. What wasn't was the fact that he pulled him *back up* by the hair too. He got a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct for that one, but it wasn't the tackle...
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk