Skins Draft 2008 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Washington Redskins

Skins Draft 2008

Moderator: Football Moderators

Skins Draft 2008

Postby ksinghas » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:00 am

Ok guys. Now is the time for us to start debating on who we think the skins will take in this year's draft. Below is the areas that I think we need improved and who could fill those holes with our 1st rd pk. Im hoping we can do some more late rd drafting this year than usual. Does anyone know if we have all of our picks this year? that would be nice!

Team Needs:

Tall, Physical PLaymaking Reciever- L. Sweed from Texas- I watched this guy play alot in college. He doesnt have the flashy speed but he can go up and snag the ball in the air. That's something the skins don't have right now. Some say there is talent available in the later rounds at wr. So I wouldnt be suprised to see the skins wait on a WR to the later rds. We have 2 playmaking wrs right now. Our focus should be on a tall physical possession type rec.

Pass Rusher (opposite Carter)- ( 2nd rd)C. Campbell from Miami or L Jackson of USC or T Laws of Notre Dame - Carter had a great year. But it would be nice ot have someone oppostie him to bring the heat. A solid pass rush makes the secondary less vulnerable. I seen a mock that had the skins taking him in the 2ND ROUND. Apparently his draft status fell after some bad workouts. This would be nice for the skins to grab him in the 2nd rd if possible.

Solid Cornerback or Safety- (1st rd)- K Phillips of Miami or Aqib Talib of Kansas (2nd Rd)- Justin King from Penn St or Charles Godfrey from Iowa. With the injury to Rogers, we could use some more depth at CB. I dont think Talib will fall to the skins in rd one. And if they pass on Phillips and go wr or de in the first, they could snag King or Godfrey in the 2nd. Godfrey actually is a converted safety and is a physical corner, possibly able to play cb or s.

Those are my notes
ksinghas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Skins Draft 2008

Postby Gibbs_Wagon » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:33 am

my gut reactions so far....

1) I like the trade out of the first. I think "big wr" was first on our list, and to be able to trade down to the 2nd and still be able to have pretty much our choice of WR was a fantastic move. It'll also save on the salary cap to boot. Grade: A

2) Our second pick (also in the 2nd round). A TE? Really? I'm sure he was the best available on Vinny and Danny's playroom, but I'm a bit surprised here. I know you're not supposed to draft out of need, but I think you can carry that to extremes. Is this insurance if Cooley goes down???? I know that the new West coast system has many two TE sets... but I'm just not excited here.. We coudn't have picked the best of our many other needs? Grade: D (time will tell I guess)

3) 3rd pick (also in the 2nd round) Well, I don't mind the pick of another WR as much as the TE pick, especially since there was still quality here in that position. The WR talent was low this year, but boy did the WR's as a group just fall! I do now have concerns about Randel El being a very expensive punt returner (assuming both WR's we drafted work out). (grade B-)

Let's see how the rest of the draft works out!
Gibbs_Wagon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Washington Redskins