When does the 2008 schedule come out? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

When does the 2008 schedule come out?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: When does the 2008 schedule come out?

Postby The Lung » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:02 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:3 MNF games for the Browns...Wow.

Seriously. Three MNF games for the Clowns (who didn't even make the playoffs) and the defending Super Bowl champion N.Y. Giants only get one MNF appearance. WTF?
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby brownsfantasygirl » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:13 pm

Yep, it makes no sense. But I'm loving it!!!

The Bears also got a ton of primetime games.....go figure!
brownsfantasygirl
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:39 pm

The Lung wrote:

Seriously. Three MNF games for the Clowns (who didn't even make the playoffs) and the defending Super Bowl champion N.Y. Giants only get one MNF appearance. WTF?

And we got nuthing on MNF. WTF x 2. :-C
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bdrotoronto » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:16 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:Two more international games. :-t

The Canada one isn't so bad.

The Toronto game isn't really an "international" game in the way the London one is. The Bills have signed an agreement to play a regular season game in Toronto every year for at least the next 5 years, so it's like a legitimate home game for them. The whole thing is part of the Bills' attempt to explicitly claim Toronto as part of its home territory and exploit it, which makes sense since Toronto completely dwarfs Buffalo as a market. It's a lot more lucrative (and a lot higher ticket prices too) compared to their usual December home games that don't sell out.
bdrotoronto
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:08 am

The Lung wrote:

MNF is not the deal it used to be. They have four prime time games, open the season on Thursday, have two Sunday night games (the new premier game of the week), and a MNF game. they also have three national 4:15 games. Seems about right to me. (The MNF is against Cleveland, so the comparison isn't totally justified.)

NFC East got a ton of love in that regard this year though. But perhaps rightfully so, as they had the toughest aggregate schedule, had no losing teams, the number one seed, and the eventual champ. I'm pretty pumped.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SniperShot » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:18 am

Now that everyone is watching the Browns lets hope the pressure to succeed doesn't get to them. Last year nobody expecting much from them- but this year, all eyes will be fixed on em...
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby brownsfantasygirl » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:35 am

The Browns will be competitive.

As a fan who was devastated when they left town, I am just happy to have a team to cheer for again. They have been laughable and frustrating much of the time since being back in the league, but I have someone to watch every Sunday (or Monday) and I am grateful.

Even if they go 0-16, I will happily watch and keep cheering for the brown and orange!
brownsfantasygirl
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:46 am

eaglesrule wrote:MNF is not the deal it used to be.

You got that right. Over the last few years I've come to despise it when a team I like is on MNF since I know the coverage will be lousy.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:23 am

Yea, MNF is still revered, but not the premiere game. Hard for people to adjust. Its the equivalent in quality of the old ESPN Sunday night games. every now and then a good one, but they have inferior picks of games between cbs, fox and nbc.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby brownsfantasygirl » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:31 am

You guys look at it completely different than I do. I love the Monday night games because its guaranteed I can see the game on TV (I don't live in Cleveland) without going out to a bar.

I don't care about the announcers, I just want to see my team!

For watching a game live, nothing beats the excitement of a night game, especially outdoors. I'm going to go to two this year----in Cleveland and Buffalo---and you can't beat the atmosphere of football under the lights on a chilly night.
brownsfantasygirl
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk