When does the 2008 schedule come out? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

When does the 2008 schedule come out?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: When does the 2008 schedule come out?

Postby moochman » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:38 am

Glad to see the scheduling brian trust apprecates Thanksgiving. Could have the Loins play any of three division rivals and increase the odds that this losing franchise might play a good game, but instead they bring in traditional rivals Tennessee. I guess it's their way of getting back at the worse owner (Al Davis doesn't count-I mean live owners) in football for not giving up the Lions T-Day slot to competitive teams years ago.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:03 pm

brownsfantasygirl wrote:You guys look at it completely different than I do. I love the Monday night games because its guaranteed I can see the game on TV (I don't live in Cleveland) without going out to a bar.

I don't care about the announcers, I just want to see my team!

For watching a game live, nothing beats the excitement of a night game, especially outdoors. I'm going to go to two this year----in Cleveland and Buffalo---and you can't beat the atmosphere of football under the lights on a chilly night.

They can hate all they want. On Cleveland, on MNF, whatever. All I know is I'll have at least 5 opportunities to see the Browns on TV, and for a Dawg living in AZ that's welcome news indeed. ;-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:04 pm

brownsfantasygirl wrote:You guys look at it completely different than I do. I love the Monday night games because its guaranteed I can see the game on TV (I don't live in Cleveland) without going out to a bar.

I don't care about the announcers, I just want to see my team!

For watching a game live, nothing beats the excitement of a night game, especially outdoors. I'm going to go to two this year----in Cleveland and Buffalo---and you can't beat the atmosphere of football under the lights on a chilly night.

no, I hear you. I live in DC, so I have to really plan out the season to make sure I maximize the number of games I can watch.

My point is, people STILL think MNF is what it is, but that changed with Sunday Night Football on NBC. that is the "reward" game, the big boy now, and MNF, no matter how much ESPN wants to use the song etc., isn't the big game of the week anymore.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:28 pm

Kilroy wrote:They can hate all they want. On Cleveland, on MNF, whatever. All I know is I'll have at least 5 opportunities to see the Browns on TV, and for a Dawg living in AZ that's welcome news indeed. ;-D

I'm not hating... I just have a strong negative opinion of how MNF is currently done. I can see your point that if you like a team that hasn't been good enough lately to garner network attention and don't live in that market to see it locally broadcast it would suck. I'd look into getting Sunday Ticket in that situation, although I guess not everyone can get DirectTV. I think it's great for Browns fans that they'll get more time in the spot light. Just personally, I would be less happy about the Monday night games than a Sunday night game.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Previous

Return to Football Talk