2008 Ohio State thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2008 Ohio State thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

2008 Ohio State thread

Postby Daddymike59 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:07 am

All the bullshi* stops here. 47 returning upperclassmen this year. Welcome Mr. Pryor. He has officially chosen #2 to wear. As of now. You never know with him. Brandon Saine and Beanie Wells will provide a powerful 1-2 punch out of the backfield. Gonna big a good year in 2008. ;-D

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2008 Ohio State thread

Postby Metroid » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:03 am

Yeah Ohio State looks pretty solid heading into next season.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:51 am

#2 on his jersey and #1 in your heart right Mike? :-b
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Daddymike59 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:26 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:#2 on his jersey and #1 in your heart right Mike? :-b

I guess he wanted #11 but that was taken by his new roomate,fr w/r Jake Stoneburner. It doesn't matter to me what number he wears as long as he plays up to all the Hype!, ya know?

He isn't even enrolled in school yet as of last night, that is.

Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jayday » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:46 pm

I'm just gonna put this out there. I'll bump a reminder come game time, but I know what I'm about to post will be as true then as it is now.

If they win on September 12th, Ohio State will not get credit for beating USC. It doesn't matter if they win by 1, or 41. It doesn't matter that the game will be at The Coliseum. It doesn't matter that USC has a 3-deep depth chart of 4-and-5-star players. The media will find a way to justify that this win doesn't have merit. They will say, "Oh, USC is inexperienced. They lost too many players to graduation and the draft. Blah, blah." In November, they'll say unquestionably, "USC would beat them if they were to play today. Of course USC should get to go to XYZ bowl game over those slow, knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing Buckeyes." Mark May leads the charge and the rest of the talking heads follow suit.

So really, it doesn't matter what happens. USC can go out and whip Virginia and then proceed to rape and pillage their way through the Pac-10 schedule, but they'll get a bye if they lose to the Buckeyes. And Ohio State will not get credit if they win. We'll hear the same arguments about the weak Big 10 and how OSU got lucky that they caught USC before they got things rolling.

Quote me on it. Y'all know it's true.

If Ohio State only wins two games this year, this one is number two on my list.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:45 pm

jayday wrote:I'm just gonna put this out there. I'll bump a reminder come game time, but I know what I'm about to post will be as true then as it is now.

If they win on September 12th, Ohio State will not get credit for beating USC. It doesn't matter if they win by 1, or 41. It doesn't matter that the game will be at The Coliseum. It doesn't matter that USC has a 3-deep depth chart of 4-and-5-star players. The media will find a way to justify that this win doesn't have merit. They will say, "Oh, USC is inexperienced. They lost too many players to graduation and the draft. Blah, blah." In November, they'll say unquestionably, "USC would beat them if they were to play today. Of course USC should get to go to XYZ bowl game over those slow, knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing Buckeyes." Mark May leads the charge and the rest of the talking heads follow suit.

So really, it doesn't matter what happens. USC can go out and whip Virginia and then proceed to rape and pillage their way through the Pac-10 schedule, but they'll get a bye if they lose to the Buckeyes. And Ohio State will not get credit if they win. We'll hear the same arguments about the weak Big 10 and how OSU got lucky that they caught USC before they got things rolling.

Quote me on it. Y'all know it's true.

If Ohio State only wins two games this year, this one is number two on my list.

Waaa waaa waaa. Stop whining. This simply isn't true. The whole knock on you guys last year was that you only played the weak big 10 schedule. The myths about the big 10 don't apply if you beat USC who everyone in the country has a mancrush on. Not everyone is out to get OSU. If people really thought they were that bad, they would have been able to justify not letting them back their way into the national championship game by playing an out of conference schedule consisting of Akron and Washington. The whole point of playing a game like the one at USC is so people can't argue that you were just good because of a weak conference. I'll be more than happy to bump this up when USC hands your heads to you come game time, and if you do somehow win, then you'll sure as heck get credit for it. Two years in a row you've had a chance to play in the national championship game. What more do you want?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby jayday » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:08 pm

I'll be more than happy to bump this up when USC hands your heads to you come game time, and if you do somehow win, then you'll sure as heck get credit for it.

I hope you do bump it. I will gladly put a wager on my argument.

And I never said that they would win. It's going to be their toughest test all year. If they do win though, there will be an asterisk next to the "W" if OSU pulls it off.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:12 pm

jayday wrote:
I'll be more than happy to bump this up when USC hands your heads to you come game time, and if you do somehow win, then you'll sure as heck get credit for it.

I hope you do bump it. I will gladly put a wager on my argument.

And I never said that they would win. It's going to be their toughest test all year. If they do win though, there will be an asterisk next to the "W" if OSU pulls it off.

I'm still having trouble figuring out why you think this. The whole reason that OSU hasn't gotten much credit is due to their weak schedule, or at least the perception that it's weak. If they do beat USC, then I don't understand why they wouldn't get full credit for it being an excellent win.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Daddymike59 » Mon May 19, 2008 1:12 pm

Here is some Terrelle Pryor info and background:

http://ohiostate.rivals.com/viewprospec ... _key=43028

Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jayday » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:57 am

Antonio Henton is reportedly going home and transferring to Georgia Southern. He never really looked comfortable in Columbus to me anyway and with Pryor around he would be a career backup. Best of luck to him...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to College Football