2008 Ohio State thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2008 Ohio State thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2008 Ohio State thread

Postby Daddymike59 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:36 pm

The Lung wrote:Hey Daddymike59,

Let's put some "money" where out mouths are. ;-D

If Ohio State wins, I wear your avatar until Saturday Nov. 1st.

If Penn State wins, you wear the following avatar for the same time period:

Deal?

Bet.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mobile1551 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:06 pm

Doesn't matter what we do at all. We are in the Big 10, so nothing matters.
Mobile1551
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Daddymike59 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:09 pm

Mobile1551 wrote:Doesn't matter what we do at all. We are in the Big 10, so nothing matters.

I don't get it?

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:51 pm

Daddymike59 wrote:
Mobile1551 wrote:Doesn't matter what we do at all. We are in the Big 10, so nothing matters.

I don't get it?

I think he's trying to say that since they are in the big 10, even if they win out, they won't make the Nat'l championship, whereas if they were in the SEC or big 12, they might have a shot, which is likely true.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby jayday » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:49 pm

Daddymike59 wrote:

I don't get it?

Referencing Kilroy:
Kilroy wrote:Does it matter? If they lose folks will say "See, told you they weren't any good." and if they win folks will say "See, told you Penn State was overrated".

I feel about the same. No-win situation.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby The Lung » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:32 pm

jayday wrote:
Daddymike59 wrote:

I don't get it?

Referencing Kilroy:
Kilroy wrote:Does it matter? If they lose folks will say "See, told you they weren't any good." and if they win folks will say "See, told you Penn State was overrated".

Uh, did no one ever consider any other possibilities?

Such as, "Other than two losses to top 10 ranked teams, Ohio State has been one the best teams in college football this year, and was one lost fumble by a true freshman quarterback away from taking down the #3 team in the land?

Ohio State fans should hold their heads proud, and sometimes I wonder why you guys make life so difficult.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:30 am

jayday wrote:
Daddymike59 wrote:

I don't get it?

Referencing Kilroy:

You reap what you sow.

Seriously, if PSU gets manhandled in the title game this year they should consider an addendum to the BCS that bans the conference for the title game for a few years. That, or help out the other teams in the conference so we can get more than 2-4 competent teams out of the conference each year. Or force them all to play each other so those couple compotent teams actually play each other on any given year. Or force them to have a conference championship game. Just....something.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:24 am

Free Bagel wrote:
jayday wrote:
Daddymike59 wrote:I don't get it?

Referencing Kilroy:

You reap what you sow.

Seriously, if PSU gets manhandled in the title game this year they should consider an addendum to the BCS that bans the conference for the title game for a few years. That, or help out the other teams in the conference so we can get more than 2-4 competent teams out of the conference each year. Or force them all to play each other so those couple compotent teams actually play each other on any given year. Or force them to have a conference championship game. Just....something.

Or just implement a playoff :-D

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mobile1551 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:57 pm

Haha, fun to see how many times people quoted me.

The Lung wrote:
jayday wrote:
Daddymike59 wrote:I don't get it?

Referencing Kilroy:

Uh, did no one ever consider any other possibilities?

Such as, "Other than two losses to top 10 ranked teams, Ohio State has been one the best teams in college football this year, and was one lost fumble by a true freshman quarterback away from taking down the #3 team in the land?

Ohio State fans should hold their heads proud, and sometimes I wonder why you guys make life so difficult.

I'll tell you why. We just lost 2 championships in a row, everyone in the nation is pissed off at us and think we suck, but the thing is we haven't won against a good team in so long. The excitement and pride you feel when your team wins against a good opponent is unparalleled. The last time we felt that was early 2006 vs Texas.
You still make a good point, we played well against Penn St. and we are proud of that, but U play to win the game :P.
Mobile1551
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Mobile1551 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:07 pm

What i wanna see is how our defense does against teams like Texas. We did a good job against Penn St. and my friend said (idk about this.....) that if PSU were to play Texas in the Championship Game(This was b4 they lost to Texas Tech by the way) that PSU would win like 41-17.

He said Texas' Defense sucks, and Big 12 offensive stats are blown up so much because they play such crappy defenses. He sorta convinced me, but I still think teams like Texas Tech would beat PSU big. What do yall think? lol

I guess the world will never know :(
Mobile1551
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to College Football