2008 Ohio State thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2008 Ohio State thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2008 Ohio State thread

Postby BritSox » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:03 pm

Mobile1551 wrote:
I'll tell you why. We just lost 2 championships in a row, everyone in the nation is pissed off at us and think we suck, but the thing is we haven't won against a good team in so long. The excitement and pride you feel when your team wins against a good opponent is unparalleled. The last time we felt that was early 2006 vs Texas.
You still make a good point, we played well against Penn St. and we are proud of that, but U play to win the game :P.

2006 Michigan were a pretty good team too.
"I can't say that. I'd have to say having Ryan Leaf quarterback us to a 1-15 record is probably the biggest challenge."

Rodney Harrison, on whether losing Tom Brady to injury was the greatest challenge he has faced in football.
BritSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:21 pm

BritSox wrote:
Mobile1551 wrote:
I'll tell you why. We just lost 2 championships in a row, everyone in the nation is pissed off at us and think we suck, but the thing is we haven't won against a good team in so long. The excitement and pride you feel when your team wins against a good opponent is unparalleled. The last time we felt that was early 2006 vs Texas.
You still make a good point, we played well against Penn St. and we are proud of that, but U play to win the game :P.

No, it wasn't.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:21 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
BritSox wrote:
Mobile1551 wrote:

No, it wasn't.

C'mon Lizardboy, give it a rest. Were they overrated? Yes. But that doesn't automatically disqualify them from being a very good team.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby BritSox » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:56 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
BritSox wrote:
Mobile1551 wrote:

No, it wasn't.

They finished the season ranked in the top 10, and ahead of the Longhorns team mentioned above. If that isn't a 'pretty good' team, what is?
"I can't say that. I'd have to say having Ryan Leaf quarterback us to a 1-15 record is probably the biggest challenge."

Rodney Harrison, on whether losing Tom Brady to injury was the greatest challenge he has faced in football.
BritSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Lung » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:23 pm

Considering the BUTT WHOOPING that Troy is putting on LSU, I take back anything bad I ever said about them. :-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Kilroy » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:11 pm

The Lung wrote:Considering the BUTT WHOOPING that Troy is putting on LSU, I take back anything bad I ever said about them. :-D

LSU's back in it, but It just goes to show how quickly things can change in College Football, and why you can't hold bad performances by teams against them for very long. Just too much turnover from year to year, especially with programs that see a fair number of guys leave early.

Back on topic, it may take a little help, but OSU still has a shot at a BCS game if they can take care of business against the Team that Shall Not be Named next week. If not Pasadena then maybe Glendale.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:58 pm

The Lung wrote:Considering the BUTT WHOOPING that Troy is putting on LSU, I take back anything bad I ever said about them. :-D

Haha, this is the 2nd thread you've posted something like that in, and then they lost.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Lung » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:06 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:

Haha, this is the 2nd thread you've posted something like that in, and then they lost.

Haha, and your point is?
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:19 pm

The Lung wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:

Haha, and your point is?

Just making a joke, not really a point.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kilroy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:50 am

Well, if every Bowl Prediction I've seen is to be believed it would seem that the Bucks are once again headed to my neck of the woods, although we'll see for sure tomorrow.

3 Things Will Come of this:

1.) We'll once again get villified as an undefeated Boise State Team gets passed over for an At-Large Bid.

2.) Redemption. If the Buckeyes can pull off a win against a Texas team (that's who I keep hearing will be the opponent) that some folks think should be playing for the NC then it will go a WAYS towards dispelling the Anti Big-10 (and Anti-OSU) bias that has developed. Penn St. beating USC would help too, but I figure we'll take care of that too come next September. }:-)

Kudos to USC here BTW. At least they have the stones to schedule a home-and-home with somebody. More than can be said for most schools (especially warm-weather (SEC) ones).

3.) If they get the nod Tressel's OSU teams have been in the BCS all but one year during his tenure. Blah Blah Blah Big 10 Blah Blah Blah Not Fair.....that don't suck.

On a completely unrelated note:

You know who I think should be the Ohio State QB coach?

Joe Germaine.

Bear with me.

Everything that Pryor needs improvement on, Germaine excelled at.

Reads, pocket presence, the 3-5-7 step drop, mechanics, I could keep going.

All the "conventional" QB stuff that Pryor needs work on was Little Joe's wheelhouse, and his mental approach was lights-out too (he was 4'11" of bada** he was).

Dude's kicking around Arena Ball, so I'm pretty sure any gig OSU signed him up for would pay more, so why not?

I like this idea. If anyone don't I'd like to hear why.

(Joe Germaine has a Super Bowl Ring...w00t!)

Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to College Football